Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

volyrat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

From the tournament referenced in my "what to do when shooting PK's" thread...

All shot from the end lines with a 60D and 300 f/4 IS. Any suggestions on how to make these better would be appreciated.

NEFC Cup 050 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

2. HOB (or BOH)

NEFC Cup 116 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

NEFC Cup 249 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

4. Direct kick from just outside the box

NEFC Cup 252 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

5. PK's - shooter (they all look the same)...

NEFC Cup 361 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

6. PK - team reacts to a save by their goalie

NEFC Cup 375 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

Mar 27, 2012 at 02:50 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Nice shots. I like 1, 5, and 6 best. #4 is one of those shots that probably means a lot more to you, having been there for the game, than for a viewer coming to the photo with no 'insider' knowledge.

Mar 27, 2012 at 02:53 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Bob....nice set here. #1 and #5 for me as well and I also like the last one too. That little girl right in the middle makes that shot for me.

Frank

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Thanks Russ

I understand what you are saying about #4 and agree with you. Without the context (0-0 game, free kick) and a better picture it doesn't make much sense to the viewer.

(at 8-10 FPS, a follow on frame would have the goalie leaping to push the ball over the crossbar, at 5 FPS, the follow on frame has the goalie landing and the ball sailing over the crossbar)

Thankfully, there's a next weekend to keep trying.

Bob.

Russ Isabella wrote:
Nice shots. I like 1, 5, and 6 best. #4 is one of those shots that probably means a lot more to you, having been there for the game, than for a viewer coming to the photo with no 'insider' knowledge.

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Frank,

thanks for the comments. It's a great team - kids and families - we are pretty fortunate to have that kind of team. I've got about 4 more like #5 and she's got a different, but equally great, expression in each one.

Bob.

Frank Lauri wrote:
Bob....nice set here. #1 and #5 for me as well and I also like the last one too. That little girl right in the middle makes that shot for me.

Frank

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Bob: This is a real nit, a very minor issue, but since you're looking for suggestions for improvement and you'll be shooting more next weekend, I'll go ahead and put it out there. As nice and fun a shot as #6 is, my enthusiasm for it is hampered by the fact you've cut off some of their (wonderfully colorful) shoes/feet and part of the adult male. Crazy, right? that something so minor could matter. But it does, and I think this is partly because it is otherwise such a great photo with so many things gong for it. You have great emotion and wonderful lines that lead the eyes right through the image. Enough color to add interest. And then you have the fact it isn't framed as perfectly as it could be. I know all too well the hundreds of reasons why it works out this way some times. Even so, you can't aim for "something better" without first seeing what might be missing from what you've already got. Good luck with your upcoming shoot.

Mar 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

I've never seen a game ball as dirty as the one in the first two shots?! It looks like they found it in the woods.

Mar 27, 2012 at 04:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

volyrat
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Russ - thanks for the additional feedback. I really appreciate it.

I agree - it is the little things that separate OK from good and good from great.

Looking again, I realized I left a random hand on the left edge that I can clone out, and make this at least a bit better.

Thanks again

Bob.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Jeff - I hadn't noticed but you are right. I wonder if it is all of the play time on the artificial fields with the tiny rubber pieces (that I'm still finding in interesting places).

Thanks for looking.

Jeff_Stapleton wrote:
I've never seen a game ball as dirty as the one in the first two shots?! It looks like they found it in the woods.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Bob, a nice set....I see what the other pros say....nothing to add from me.

Chris

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Eric Smith
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

#6 is the strongest (I'm a huge fan of tears and cheers images), and to echo Russ, I would definitely watch cropping feet, hands, etc. I like that your eye is steering away from the usual action and that you're paying attention to the moments. Nice set, and good luck with your next game.

Best,

Eric

Mar 28, 2012 at 01:01 AM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Still a foot short....A good reason to test out CS6 Beta's capabilities.

NEFC Cup 375-1 by bobteixeira, on Flickr

It would be a heck of a lot easier to just frame the thing right next time.

Edited on Mar 28, 2012 at 01:52 AM · View previous versions

Mar 28, 2012 at 01:49 AM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Thanks for looking - I appreciate it.

Bob.

Aqualung wrote:
Bob, a nice set....I see what the other pros say....nothing to add from me.

Chris

Mar 28, 2012 at 01:50 AM
volyrat
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Soccer from this weekend - Girls U11 - C&C Please

Thanks Eric - It's a good reminder to not be locked on the field. Parents and bench can be good places to find something different.

Bob.

Eric Smith wrote:
#6 is the strongest (I'm a huge fan of tears and cheers images), and to echo Russ, I would definitely watch cropping feet, hands, etc. I like that your eye is steering away from the usual action and that you're paying attention to the moments. Nice set, and good luck with your next game.

Best,

Eric

Mar 28, 2012 at 01:51 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password