Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Girls Lax !

amlsml
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Girls Lax !

First of season, Only had the sigma 150-500 on my 7000. Only got 3 keepers out of the 400 or so i took, thanks for the C and C

Mar 26, 2012 at 07:57 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Girls Lax !

ah, I'm about a week or so away from shooting outdoors...

Did you do any post-processing? These look like they could stand to have the contrast boosted and maybe the black point as well.

Chris

Mar 26, 2012 at 08:04 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Girls Lax !

lots of fun to get out and shoot some LAX. you have some nice expressions. it is good you got the eyes in all the pics. 3 out of 400

critiques:
your horizons are off in 1 & 2.
i might bump up the contrast to see if it deepens the color a bit.
i would recrop #2 and make her head not so close to border of pic.

grant

Mar 26, 2012 at 08:07 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Girls Lax !

Andy... what's going on? Seems like you were making some progress last year, but these are not on par with what I had been seeing from you last season. First things... on the basic level... there is absolutely no excuse at this point for posting photos with off horizons. This is an easy fix and you know you'll get chewed up here for not noticing it. Second... how are you defining "keepers"? 3 out of 400 is hard to imagine. Even if you're qualifying a keeper as two girls, two faces, and a ball, I would think half should qualify. If you are qualifying a keeper as a potential cover of SI, then maybe I can understand 3 out of 400. Finally... all need some PP work. Levels pinch and sharpening. They are washed out and a tad soft.

I remember last year, if I'm correct, when we shot, your gear was much better, no? I remember a 300/2.8, a 500/4 and a Mark III. Was that rented? I'm trying to remember.

Mar 26, 2012 at 09:55 AM
amlsml
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Girls Lax !

yes paul guilty as charged: I had the horizons and crops all set before I Posted and did try and set some color balance. For some reason the ones posted weren't the ones I had planned on posting!!! I never shot the Sigma 150-500 before and was giving it a test. I Also only had my d7000. No excuses, only explanation. To say the least, I wasn't very impressed with the super slow focus and wasn't used to the buttons on the d7000. 3 out of 400 was a sad reminder, that I needed to be more accustomed to this gear before attempting to use it. The good news, was I wasn't being paid, so the waste was my own. I would usually have my d3s and a 300 2.8 with either a 2.0 or 1.7 converter. Your memory is intact, last year was a 1d3 and 500 f4, the 500 was rented!

Mar 26, 2012 at 05:46 PM
Jacobovs
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Girls Lax !

amlsml wrote:
yes paul guilty as charged: I had the horizons and crops all set before I Posted and did try and set some color balance. For some reason the ones posted weren't the ones I had planned on posting!!! I never shot the Sigma 150-500 before and was giving it a test. I Also only had my d7000. No excuses, only explanation. To say the least, I wasn't very impressed with the super slow focus and wasn't used to the buttons on the d7000. 3 out of 400 was a sad reminder, that I needed to be more accustomed to this
...Show more

Just out of curiosity, why would you shoot with the d7000 if you have a D3s?

Mar 26, 2012 at 05:58 PM
amlsml
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Girls Lax !

My D3s was in my car from my shoot at a Rugby match. i went to this game to watch my daughter and tried out the sigma combo.

Mar 26, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Girls Lax !

amlsml wrote:
corrected

Much better!

Ted

Mar 28, 2012 at 04:35 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.