Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A few Track and Field

Matt OHarver
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A few Track and Field

My assignment got moved from College Baseball to HS track and field, yeah that is how my Saturday started. And it went downhill from there. Forecast was for rain showers and some heavy downpours. So I packed my rain gear, and thinktank covers and headed out. Without sunscreen because it's going to rain right? Well I ended up fighting variable clouds and lots of bright harsh sunshine. Chasing settings all day long to keep things with decent exposure. Oh yeah and I'm sunburned like a MOFO. Oh and backgrounds, yeah they aren't the best in HS track. Kids just don't understand they shouldn't stand in your background.

Anyway here are a few for C&C. All shot with a D3s and 400MM F2.8 some with a 1.4TC.

MJO_6306 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_6435 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_6222 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_6116 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_5919 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_5736 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_5691 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

MJO_5681 by MattOphotog, on Flickr

Matt

Mar 26, 2012 at 04:29 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A few Track and Field

Nice work, Matt. I especially like 1, 5 and 8. Looks like you handled the variable lighting well, with #5 being the only shot where I can imagine that bright sun screwed with your WB.

Mar 26, 2012 at 04:37 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A few Track and Field

Thanks Russ, I don't think I've ever changed so many settings in a single day, and I ended up going to Auto for WB because I truly got tired of chasing cloudy to sunny and just concentrated on keeping SS and aperture where I needed to keep exposure. My fingers were as wore out as my arms were from hauling gear around all day!

Matt

Mar 26, 2012 at 04:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A few Track and Field

Matt....solid set here. 1, 5, 6, 7 for me. That kid throwing the shot looks like he's got some upper body strength.

Frank

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A few Track and Field

Matt... 58 and 55 are your friends. Dial in the Kelvin to that range and you'll never look back. Trust it.

Nice overall series. I like 5 and 6 the best.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A few Track and Field

Frank and Paul I appreciate the looks and comments.

Frank I am always surprised at how big some of these kids get these days. I didn't hang out with the track kids in school, but usually the "big boned" guys were the throwers, these days they are small with huge arms and chests!

Paul I'll give it a try thanks for the advice.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password