Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Couple of DIFs

thedutt
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Couple of DIFs

Went out to a local pond a week ago and below are some of the captures. C&C is apperciated:

5DII 300f2.8IS+2xIII f8 ISO400 1/1000

5DII 300f2.8IS+2xIII f8 ISO400 1/1000

5DII 300f2.8IS+2xIII f7.1 ISO400 1/1000

4. and a butterfly

5DII 300f2.8IS+2xIII f8 ISO800 1/1000

Mar 24, 2012 at 05:21 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Couple of DIFs

Very nice Aditya. My only "complaint" is that I'd like to see them posted larger ~ Ron

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Couple of DIFs

The DIFs are sharp and well exposed Adatta. A bit more space in in the direction they are flying will give them a place to go. Focus is perfect on the butterfly’s eyes yet most like to enjoy the wings of a butterfly and there pretty soft. Was a smaller aperture possible? I think there is enough detail in the first to crop it a bit tighter and give it the space I talked about to make it a stunning photo not that it is bad as is.

Morris

Mar 24, 2012 at 02:40 PM
thedutt
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Couple of DIFs

surfnron wrote:
Very nice Aditya. My only "complaint" is that I'd like to see them posted larger ~ Ron

Thanks Ron. I use picasaweb paid but it appears there is not an way to share larger embedded photos. Most of these are super tight crops to begin with, but the larger sized photos are available :
here

Mar 24, 2012 at 04:17 PM
thedutt
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Couple of DIFs

morris wrote:
The DIFs are sharp and well exposed Adatta. A bit more space in in the direction they are flying will give them a place to go. Focus is perfect on the butterfly’s eyes yet most like to enjoy the wings of a butterfly and there pretty soft. Was a smaller aperture possible? I think there is enough detail in the first to crop it a bit tighter and give it the space I talked about to make it a stunning photo not that it is bad as is.

Morris

I have changed the crop a bit per your suggestion, let me know if this works better. I am struggling to find the right crop for the bifs and have not quite "got it" yet . Thank you for the pointer.

The butterfly shot was unplanned and a rushed one. Had gone on a hike to find birds but none could be photographed and then this guy showed up. Having the 300 f2.8+2x attached @ f8 and handheld, I didnt consider the DOF at that point as much as I should have. Thanks again for the pointer.

Mar 24, 2012 at 04:19 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password