Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              75      
       77              312       313       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

recordproducti
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.76 #1 · p.76 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

^^^^ I really like the last B&W photo What lens(s) are you using?

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
goddardca

p.76 #2 · p.76 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Thanks! Just the 35 1.4. I was hoping the 23 1.4 would be released soon but I doubt it so I'll be picking up the oh so impressive x100s instead. Smaller, lighter, faster and more accurate AF. I might lose a bit of light but the built in flash will be a nice addition. I sort of wonder if the x100s shots should be posted in here considering it's the same sensor..

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:43 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.76 #3 · p.76 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Well, you might end up in having both.. a 23 mm lens at f/2 doesnt provide good isolation

In the mean time, some shots with the XE-1

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM
goddardca

p.76 #4 · p.76 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Very nice! The 2nd and 3rd shots are fantastic. A 23 at f/2 can provide plenty of isolation. It's not just the aperture but the distance between you and the subject and the subject and the background. With that said, I loved the 35L on my 5d2 and a 35 1.4 on FF is pretty different than a 23 f/2 on a crop.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM
recordproducti
• •
p.76 #5 · p.76 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

There are some very skilled photogs here with X-E1's etc

I'm also really looking forward to adding a 23 f/1.4 when it comes, who knows, it may come along when an updated x-Pro 1 / X-E1 with the faster AF arrives? As much as I love my D800e the Fuji is the camera I choose to take out day to day with the bigger body for important work shoots.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM
corposant
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.76 #6 · p.76 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Apr 01, 2013 at 12:14 AM
frezeiss
• • •
p.76 #7 · p.76 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

goddardca wrote:
Very nice! The 2nd and 3rd shots are fantastic. A 23 at f/2 can provide plenty of isolation. It's not just the aperture but the distance between you and the subject and the subject and the background. With that said, I loved the 35L on my 5d2 and a 35 1.4 on FF is pretty different than a 23 f/2 on a crop.

Thanks! Sure it depends on the distance between camera and subject. But for my style its not enough, the RX1 might be my best bet but I cant see spending $3000 for a fixed lens with hoo humm AF.

About the upcoming Fuji 23, I hope they made it in two versions, a pancake 23 f/2 and an uber 23 f/1.1. Many will come to Fuji just for that lens. I dont have a problem if they made it a bit bigger, its a specialty lens after all. It could be deadly for Leica and the RX-1.

This is a photo with the X100s wide open. I liked it but sometimes but still kept me thinking about D700 and Zeiss 35 wide open DOF.

Apr 01, 2013 at 01:54 AM
frezeiss
• • •
p.76 #8 · p.76 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

recordproducti wrote:
There are some very skilled photogs here with X-E1's etc

I'm also really looking forward to adding a 23 f/1.4 when it comes, who knows, it may come along when an updated x-Pro 1 / X-E1 with the faster AF arrives? As much as I love my D800e the Fuji is the camera I choose to take out day to day with the bigger body for important work shoots.

Dont hold your breath on it.. maybe early 2014.

As fast as the X100s is (indication of next gen XE-2 AF), I find the XE-1 more accurate.. and mind you that the x100s is not blazingly fast either..

Apr 01, 2013 at 01:57 AM
goddardca

p.76 #9 · p.76 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

frezeiss wrote:
Thanks! Sure it depends on the distance between camera and subject. But for my style its not enough, the RX1 might be my best bet but I cant see spending $3000 for a fixed lens with hoo humm AF.

About the upcoming Fuji 23, I hope they made it in two versions, a pancake 23 f/2 and an uber 23 f/1.1. Many will come to Fuji just for that lens. I dont have a problem if they made it a bit bigger, its a specialty lens after all. It could be deadly for Leica and the RX-1.

This is a photo with
...Show more

That's what lens blur and gaussian blur in photoshop is for... JUST KIDDING! haha The more I look through the RX1 and Leica threads, the more I try to use jedi mind tricks to make Fuji hurry up on a FF sensor. They've listened to us about the gripes we had with the previous bodies (aside from the annoying inability to set min shutter on the X-pro/XE) so I'm hoping they hear us loud and clear that we want and need a full frame option. I'd gladly pay for it..

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:40 AM
Camtography

p.76 #10 · p.76 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

frezeiss I am blown away by your landscape images, makes me want to spend my summer there and just relax.

It's 3:48AM and I should be asleep, but here is another B&W photo from Friday.

So it Contiunes by Camtography, on Flickr

Oh, I did have an issue with my x-pro1 during the weekend. I guess it could be because of the LED stage lights and lasers going off, but after reviewing all my photos taken, close to half of them are over exposed with the white balance going out of control. Just thought I should let people know to keep away from direct light from lasers and multi-colored LEDs

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

turbodude
• • •
p.76 #11 · p.76 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Xe1 w 35 1.4 and a Nikon sb800 in a soft lighter ii

Apr 01, 2013 at 12:14 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.76 #12 · p.76 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Better yet using Allien bokeh tool Re FF X100, Even If they to do it, I bet it will be priced in the range of the RX-1. Afterall, Fuji products aren't exactly cheap either..

Camtography, thanks! I agree, its a plesant place to live there with air temperature about 24 celcius all year round. I like your shot too, excellent way of framing the singer.

Apr 01, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Velu01
• • • •
p.76 #13 · p.76 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

frezeiss wrote:

This is a photo with
...Show more

Same toughts when using my 5D and 35L at 1.4 ... it often has more POP/3-D effect ! But without a doubt, the X100 that you carry around, will take better pictures than your DSLR at home ! :-)

Apr 01, 2013 at 01:12 PM
nibutto
• •
p.76 #14 · p.76 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

+1 waiting for the 23/1.4

Apr 01, 2013 at 04:20 PM
frezeiss
• • •
p.76 #15 · p.76 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

guys, thanks for the likes..I didnt realize there was a like button until now

Velu, yeah..that's the cool thing about the X100s, this is the camera that inspires me to shoot more often than before. I never thought of this until I bought it. Originally I just wanted an everywhere to go camera with no fuss or lens changing.

And you should replace the L with the sigma..sorry, just foolin around

Apr 01, 2013 at 04:33 PM
nibutto
• •
p.76 #16 · p.76 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

a bit of colour

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:08 PM
allstarimaging
• • •
p.76 #17 · p.76 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Lots of great images being posted here and I'm liking my XE-1 the more I shoot with it. I cam across this blog post while doing a search on the Fuji XE-1 and thought some here might like it. Wedding photographer talking about his favorite settings on the X-Pro and lots of great images:

http://www.kevinmullinsphotography.co.uk/fujifilm-x-pro-1/x-pro1-best-settings.html

Jack

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Camtography

p.76 #18 · p.76 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

allstarimaging wrote:
Lots of great images being posted here and I'm liking my XE-1 the more I shoot with it. I cam across this blog post while doing a search on the Fuji XE-1 and thought some here might like it. Wedding photographer talking about his favorite settings on the X-Pro and lots of great images:

http://www.kevinmullinsphotography.co.uk/fujifilm-x-pro-1/x-pro1-best-settings.html

Jack

Thank you for the share. I've stumbled across his blog a few times and he is actually one of the reasons why I really want to go all Fuji (I'm a Fuji Fanboy). Although I do miss the auto-focusing and responsive speed of a DSLR in general, the X-Pro1 continues to blow me away and is such a joy to use. I am actually excited for the 50-200mm.

Here is another B&W photo from Friday's Hip-Hop/Spoken Word concert. I was actually afraid because of the lasers but I believe I was using OVF for 60% of all my shots, so my camera was able to take a few lasers to the sensor (for the most part haha).

So it Contiunes by Camtography, on Flickr

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.76 #19 · p.76 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Ohio Statehouse, all with X-E1 and 14/2.8:

Multi-image stitch:

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:03 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.76 #20 · p.76 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

allstarimaging wrote:

Jack

The irony is that the perfect camera he describes:

- Full Frame
- Dual Card Slots
- Better Weather Sealing
- Better button layout (the AE-L AF-L button is kind of awkward to use).
- Improved AF and MF (we’ve seen a glimpse of this perhaps in the X100s) already.

already exists. It's a DSLR!

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:38 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password