Upload & Sell: Off
p.39 #2 · p.39 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Walking - Fujifilm X-Pro1 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:32 AM
ceder
• •
p.39 #3 · p.39 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

A very kind B&B owner. Shot with the 35mm.

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:17 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.39 #4 · p.39 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Cedar - great shot!
Brody - I'm a fan of your work!
Xenor - nice images!
Zeiss (somebody ... I forgot your name and my computer is running really slow) lovely B&W images. The tones are perfect.

Received my M adapter today and tried out the 21 ... it works! Didnt' get anything worth posting, but got these with the 35mm.

trying out the macro

lounging in my room with a light saber

lounging in my room with a light saber

selfie - bathroom mirror - with a hangover - no makeup - dirty hair

Jan 22, 2013 at 01:25 AM
Fr3d
• •
p.39 #5 · p.39 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

edited

Edited on Jan 22, 2013 at 01:54 PM · View previous versions

Jan 22, 2013 at 02:46 AM
ceder
• •
p.39 #6 · p.39 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:

Selfie - with a hangover! Ha, love your humor - and your down to earth documentary style!!

Jan 22, 2013 at 07:52 AM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.39 #7 · p.39 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

ceder wrote:
Hi all,
Thought it would be nice with a thread with photos from the Fuji X-Pro1.

I start with a landscape shot - done with a ND110 filter. The X-Pro1 is a bit peculiar when it comes to extreme long exposures - you can read about it on my site: http://cederphotography.com/Blog

Here is the first photo, a vertorama of 1 shot: the water was pushed 1 stop, and the water WB was adjusted. For the sky, I lightened the sky a bit in the upper central part - that's it!

I am giving this photo away, under a Creative Commons license - download it
...Show more

That's a really great photo!!

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.39 #8 · p.39 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Chicago Skyline

Fuji X100 | 35mm | F2 | 1/10th | ISO3200

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM
aj1986

p.39 #9 · p.39 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

@chris, that is amazing. Illinois is so flat. Is that handheld?

Jan 22, 2013 at 04:59 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.39 #10 · p.39 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

+1 nice

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

johnahill
• • • •
p.39 #11 · p.39 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I can't find the Fuji x100 image thread, anyone mind if i post em here?

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.39 #12 · p.39 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

The last one is great, although I would give it is tiny bit more air at the top.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.39 #13 · p.39 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Green Chair - Fujifilm X-Pro1 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.39 #14 · p.39 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

HAHAHA - what the heck is tuck tape? Sounds naughty; but I'm sure it's some kind of upholstery product.

Jan 23, 2013 at 01:23 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.39 #15 · p.39 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Ok. Need help. I used my new-to-me M mount adapter and the CV 21mm lens today while out on a walk. I am noticing something disturbing ... if you'll look at the RIGHT corner of these images, they are really OOF and wonky looking. I don't know if that is called "smearing" or just shitty focus, but it's totally unacceptable to me. Just so you know, I had "barrel distortion" correction set to medium. Could that be it? Why would it only be on ONE side? Could I have had it mounted wrong/loose? The right side of the lens is the side that slides over the lever/locking mechanism, so maybe it didn't latch all the way?

UGH. Now I have to do some experimenting again.

Glad I did this test. I planned to use it on TWO different shoots tomorrow. Um, not now!

All these were shot RAW and processed in LR4. UNCROPPED.

this is the one I noticed it in first

just to show it's not a backlighting thing - this is totally front lit by sunset

Jan 23, 2013 at 01:29 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.39 #16 · p.39 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Gawd, they almost look like they got progressively worse with each shot! These are all in order as shot, by the way. The last two right corners look way worse than the first few...

I also regularly use this lens on a film body and sucessfully handhold it at VERY low shutter speeds. I'm gonna go back to my last film roll with this lens and check it out.

Jan 23, 2013 at 01:32 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.39 #17 · p.39 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Gawd, they almost look like they got progressively worse with each shot! These are all in order as shot, by the way. The last two right corners look way worse than the first few...

I also regularly use this lens on a film body and sucessfully handhold it at VERY low shutter speeds. I'm gonna go back to my last film roll with this lens and check it out.

that does look like smearing, though probably exacerbated by an off center or uneven adapter. that lens is supposed to be one of the worst offenders when it comes to corner shift and smearing on mirrorless cameras. it definitely shouldn't be that bad on a good adapter.

does the adapter feel loose at all? also, were some of these focused closer to infinity than others?

Jan 23, 2013 at 01:36 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.39 #18 · p.39 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Hmmm, now that I think about those shots, I do think they were all at or quite near infinity (which is pretty easy to use on the 21mm lens). The adapter or lens wasn't wobbly, but this was the first time I mounted it. I took it off and remounted it to see if I could have done it wrong ... and I also turned the barrel distortion correction off.

I looked back at my last roll on the R4A with this lens, and all corners are sharp as hell. I am attaching an image where this right corner smear isn't so evident. It is also coincidentally not focused at or near infinity.

Do you think I might have gone past infinity or something? I wish I could remember which apertures I shot these at. If I recall I started at f/8, went to 5.6 and finished at 4 (as the light faded). Could shooting wide open at infinity cause this (but why only on one side?)?

THANK YOU SEBBOH!

please note the slow shutter speed, but I don't think the right side is like the others

excuse the comp (but note the right side is not bad) we walked down to the RV park down by the river and he refused to walk anymore (little brat).

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:04 AM
jjf88
• • •
p.39 #19 · p.39 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Well this camera is quite the beast. Just picked it up. Getting used to it. Here is a ISO 6400 with the 18mm at f2 . A loaner car from the dealer. Cool car. This really is quite impressive at 6400. Hope they release the 70 200 soon. Always wanted a rangefinder, this might just be the answer

Jan 23, 2013 at 05:41 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.39 #20 · p.39 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Hmmm, now that I think about those shots, I do think they were all at or quite near infinity (which is pretty easy to use on the 21mm lens). The adapter or lens wasn't wobbly, but this was the first time I mounted it. I took it off and remounted it to see if I could have done it wrong ... and I also turned the barrel distortion correction off.

I looked back at my last roll on the R4A with this lens, and all corners are sharp as hell. I am attaching an image where this right corner smear isn't
...Show more

cover glass on the sensor seems to dramatically increase astigmatism in the voigtlander skopars on the fuji cameras. it still shouldn't be that bad though and it shouldn't be that asymmetrical. i'd take a few shots at various focus distances and see how repeatable it is.

Jan 23, 2013 at 05:58 AM
1       2       3              38      
       40              578       579       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              38      
       40              578       579       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password