Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              36      
       38              299       300       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

ceder
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.37 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Oh, such a long time since I posted! Here is a test shot I did a while back ago (ISO 6400 with ND110), I have not edited the long exposure shot yet, but I thought this was pretty nice too, and so little noise (I even pushed the file a bit).

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:43 PM
goddardca

p.37 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Very nice Ceder! Let's keep this thread alive! Here's one of Nicki. I shot her in the summer and got in touch with her to do a fun little impromptu shoot today up at Mt. Hood. I'll have the whole set up soon.

Nicki by ChrisG Photography, on Flickr

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:28 AM
Wilbus
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.37 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

phrenic wrote:
Hi folks, I'm new here (been lurking for a while) and I've enjoyed all the great images shared here. It was one of the things that tipped me over the edge to jump into the Fuji X system (supplementing my micro four thirds system).

I haven't had any cool photo opportunities in my first month of ownership with the X-E1 and 35mm but here are some random snaps. Hopefully this embed properly from flickr..

Phrenic, how do you find it compares to the m43 system? What camera/lens combos do you have there? I recently sold my D700 for a complete move to m43 and the OM-D but am somewhat missing a larger camera as well, not sure why, might just be gear accusation syndrom of course. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts and anyone else who can compare it to m43

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:02 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.37 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

goddardca wrote:
Very nice Ceder! Let's keep this thread alive! Here's one of Nicki. I shot her in the summer and got in touch with her to do a fun little impromptu shoot today up at Mt. Hood. I'll have the whole set up soon.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8368735977_b20f8a8c3f_b.jpg
Nicki by ChrisG Photography, on Flickr

Um, wow. Gorgeous. Camera/lens combo?

Also, does anyone have info on using the Xpro1 and the m adapter with CV lenses? I'm itching for a new purchase and am really considering this as opposed to the M8. I need to consolidate things some, and have M mount lenses that I"m only using on film bodies now. I would like to ditch the Canon setup (except that I just cannot get away from my telephoto lens - that seems to be my only option for shooting telephotos!) and use my RF lenses on film/digital. Does LR (I have 3, but assume I'd have to update to 4) support RAW files well from the Xpro?

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:25 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.37 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

One more thing.

I've done just a tiny bit of research on the Xpro1 vs the newer XE1, and just don't know if I understand the differences. Tell me about the viewfinder. Is there a viewfinder on both? I don't want to have to look at the back of the damn camera (I sold my NEX due to the lack of viewfinder) and want to use the M adapter with manual focus lenses (although that 35mm X mount might have to be mine, too). What mode (OVF or EVF) is used on the XP1 and does the XE1 have the same options?

(I could care less about flash, video and some of the other features of newer cameras. I shoot only in RAW, also).

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:30 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.37 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

^ - optical and electronic VF on Xpro1. EVF only on XE1.

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:00 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.37 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
One more thing.

I've done just a tiny bit of research on the Xpro1 vs the newer XE1, and just don't know if I understand the differences. Tell me about the viewfinder. Is there a viewfinder on both? I don't want to have to look at the back of the damn camera (I sold my NEX due to the lack of viewfinder) and want to use the M adapter with manual focus lenses (although that 35mm X mount might have to be mine, too). What mode (OVF or EVF) is used on the XP1 and does the XE1 have the same
...Show more

Since I am also interested in them, here is my take:
XE1 has better EVF, poor LCD and no OVF. smaller size. part of body is plastic
XPRO has lower resolution EVF but with OVF. Better build, whole body is metal. LCD has more resolution. and Xpro-1 is current on sale with promotion $300 on body and $300 deduct on all X prime lens.

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:13 PM
ceder
• •
p.37 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

X-E1 has higher resolution EVF compared to X-Pro1, but this is hardly noticeable when you look through them. However, the EVF on the X-E1 jitters when you pan it. Not a problem on the X-Pro1. And if you are shooting in a very high dynamic scene (bright sunlight/shadow), both the X-E1 and X-Pro1 EVF's will look blocked; this is when you need the OVF. So... yeah, the X-Pro1 is better I would say, but more expensive. And bigger - good for holding, but bad for stuffing in a pocket. Decisions...

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:16 PM
doowop42
• •
p.37 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

This is a 6 inch model. I edited out a stand which the plane was supported on.

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:41 PM
Stuart
• •
p.37 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

A little crunchy in the sky, but it is 6400ISO, handheld, f3.2 and I really like the effect

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

goddardca

p.37 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Um, wow. Gorgeous. Camera/lens combo?

Thanks! X-Pro 1 and 35 1.4 at 1.4

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM
alba63
• • •
p.37 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

X-Pro 1 and 35 1.4 at 1.4

Very nice photos. That Fuji 35/1,4 has a beautiful look indeed. Did you shoot in counter- light with fill flash? And if yes, what flash did you use?

Cheers
Bernie

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:35 AM
goddardca

p.37 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Thanks Bernie, no strobes on these. The snow acts as a gorgeous fill reflecting the light from up top and basically blanketing her in it so no need for any lights. I love the snow

Jan 12, 2013 at 06:09 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.37 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Please keep the images coming! I am leaning further and further over towards buying one in the next few days!

Any regrets from anyone on their purchase?

Jan 12, 2013 at 04:19 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.37 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Not a lot of alt lens users with these cams?

Jan 12, 2013 at 04:55 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.37 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

KatieInTexas wrote:
Please keep the images coming! I am leaning further and further over towards buying one in the next few days!

Any regrets from anyone on their purchase?

Katie - been enjoying the X-E1 for a while now - really fun camera, especially coming over from film. Fuji knows color pretty well! You'll need LR4 (not an expensive upgrade).

I borrowed the X Pro 1 over the summer and felt it was overpriced compared to the X-E1, unless you really need/want the OVF. The output is identical. Another thing to consider - the zoom is incredible and is really compelling as part of the X-E1+18-55 package that Fuji sells.

I wouldn't bother with any adapters - you can keep your M lenses if you want, but Fuji's lenses are world-class, and if you can search for their lens roadmap, there are some exciting additions this year (for work purposes, looking forward to the 56mm f/1.4), including some from Zeiss.

I guess I'll post a picture too...

corposant 2013

Surfers/Footprints - Santa Monica

X-E1    XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens    18mm    f/3.2    1/1500s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 12, 2013 at 05:03 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.37 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Hi Mike - I was wondering what you were shooting these days. One of the main reasons for me wanting to try out the Xp1 is the fact that I can use a few of my M mount lenses. I will FOR SURE want that 35mm fuji lens, though. And the 14 looks like something I would want as well. I don't plan do ditch all my Canon digital stuff just yet, but find myself just not really enjoying lugging around a 5D with L glass to the few events where I want to shoot digital. I am HUGELY enjoying my Bessa R4A and CV lenses - and would like to give my wides a try on the Xpro1. I tried to like the NEX setup, I really did, and it wasn't the output that made me sell, but rather the lack of OFV. The XE1 doesn't have one, so that is a no go. Do you have any M bodies to compare to? I have been looking at M8's for quite a while now, but just am not sure about all that filter nonsense. Also, the files don't look that impressive when compared to some of the newer options that I can shoot with. I HAVE to be able to use it like all my other cameras - bringing the camera to my eye and framing a shot in the viewfinder is just so ingrained in me that I don't think I can break myself of it.

Yeah, I have been avoiding the LR upgrade (from 3 to 4) but $79 isn't gonna affect anything.

Oh, one more thing. Did you end up getting another Mamiya 7? You interested in your 65mm lens back? I have it listed on RFF right now. With a B+W orange filter. Doesn't get used by me at all. I have used it ONCE. I can't seem to remove the 43mm from the body for any good reasons.

Jan 12, 2013 at 05:16 PM
olelovold
• •
p.37 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:31 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.37 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

The 35 1.4 is really nice. I don't mind a 50 f2 equivalent ff DOF as long as it renders good.
Good kit lens is a must for my intention as back up body for M. I can't have all body can only shoot prime lens, especially during travel.

I was plan to get NEX 6 as like my Nex7 during recent trip, but view file from this thread change my mind and I feel xe1 might be better suit my need. I don't care too much technical, and I feel Fuji take great people shots. It is not about fidenlity but pleasing look.

The plan is xe kit plus 35. It will serve me well. Hope I can get it soon to join the thread.

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:49 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.37 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Nice shots, Ole.

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:57 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell