Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              31      
       33              235       236       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.32 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

^ Brody get the zoom w/the XE-1, I am pretty happy with mine, this is what it can do in macro mode

Phil

X-E1    18mm    f/6.4    1/30s    500 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Dec 16, 2012 at 02:27 AM
doowop42
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.32 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

A walk down the Jersey Shore.

Dec 16, 2012 at 03:26 AM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.32 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Yes, the zoom is rather good. The 35 is best but the zoom is very versatile and seing most of your shots, it doesn't seem you need a really fast lens. I had the 18 before and having the zoom pretty much gives me that and then some.

Dec 16, 2012 at 03:36 AM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.32 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Goin' Out West - Fujifilm X-Pro-1 w/ Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 by brodyl.91, on Flickr

Yea, I don't feel like all my lenses ave to be f14, but part of me thinks i'd put the f2 to use quite a bit. I can;t decide honestly.

Dec 16, 2012 at 06:18 AM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.32 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

They've tested both and have said the zoom is sharper at 2.8 than the prime.... I don't think you'll miss that extra stop. I can get plenty of separation and blur if needed with the zoom.

Dec 16, 2012 at 06:29 AM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.32 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

bigkidneys wrote:
They've tested both and have said the zoom is sharper at 2.8 than the prime.... I don't think you'll miss that extra stop. I can get plenty of separation and blur if needed with the zoom.

but the prime is so nice and small, even with the hood...

Dec 16, 2012 at 07:01 AM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.32 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Screw it, buy all three then

Dec 16, 2012 at 08:23 AM
Brody LeBlanc
• • •
p.32 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

bigkidneys wrote:
Screw it, buy all three then

Yea, I'm sure at some point I'll get the camera and the 18/2 prime, but really with the ISO on the X-Pro1 and the quality of the zoom at 18mm, it seems like as long as i don't mind the size and marginal light gathering difference, the zoom seems pretty exceptional. I have a shop holding on to the XE-1 and the zoom kit and I'm thinking I might buy it and sell the camera. I wish I could keep both the lens and the body but it's just not in the budget atm. Thoughts anyone?

Dec 16, 2012 at 09:40 PM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.32 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Taken on the X100 whilst riding the subway in Tokyo last week.

We are allowing X100 pics in this thread now right?

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM
mortyb
• • •
p.32 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Nice!

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

bigkidneys
• • •
p.32 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
Yea, I'm sure at some point I'll get the camera and the 18/2 prime, but really with the ISO on the X-Pro1 and the quality of the zoom at 18mm, it seems like as long as i don't mind the size and marginal light gathering difference, the zoom seems pretty exceptional. I have a shop holding on to the XE-1 and the zoom kit and I'm thinking I might buy it and sell the camera. I wish I could keep both the lens and the body but it's just not in the budget atm. Thoughts anyone?

If you don't use the OVF on the Xpro1, I say dump that body and keep the XE1. So much smaller than the Xpro1 and the button layout seems better IMO. What I really wish is that they would put the lens release button on the correct side like other makers If you use the OVF, I would say just hold off and wait for a zoom to be sold second hand for cheaper than retail. People are so jaded by the haters out there on Fuji right now that its hard to sell anything Fuji without taking a big hit. I say hold off if you don't feel the love on the XE1 body and pick up the zoom cheap ($500-$600) within the next month or so when the market gets saturated with them.

Dec 17, 2012 at 03:39 AM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.32 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Chris, I love that Tokyo image (I lived there for four years exactly, a long time ago!). It captures a mood beautifully.

Dec 17, 2012 at 04:07 AM
TheGloriousEnd

p.32 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Brody LeBlanc wrote:
Tough question guys. Buy the 18/2 and hope the XE-1 drops after the new years or just take advantage of the $1,400 deal and get the XE-1 & zoom instead? I usually don't shoot zooms, but it seems pretty awesome. Thoughts?

Brody,
Option 3: Get the Xe-1 with the 18mm f/2 as a kit for $1360 off of ebay (through tdimension). I bought my kit with the 35mm from them. They overnighted it from Hong Kong! Import duties were only $14, so definitely still the cheapest way of doing it. I personally think the 18mm is worth it simply because of the shallower depth of field and size. (It'll be the next lens I get for my Xe-1).

Jojo, that photo of the leaves is just gorgeous! Crazy to see that coming from a "kit zoom". haha

Dec 17, 2012 at 04:12 AM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.32 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Kit Laughlin wrote:
Chris, I love that Tokyo image (I lived there for four years exactly, a long time ago!). It captures a mood beautifully.

Cheers Kit! There will be lots more to come!

Dec 17, 2012 at 02:12 PM
apsphoto
• • •
p.32 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Here are a few from Yellowstone in early Oct. shot with the X-pro 1 and 18mm.

_DSF3997-web by APS-Photo, on Flickr

_DSF3979-web by APS-Photo, on Flickr

Alan

Dec 17, 2012 at 06:24 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.32 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Very nice Alan.

X-E1, 35mm:

Down the alley by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Dec 17, 2012 at 06:35 PM
apsphoto
• • •
p.32 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Thanks Jochen. Beautiful b&w, love the cobblestones and composition.

Alan

Dec 17, 2012 at 06:42 PM
doowop42
• •
p.32 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

How was this B/W processed? This photo has it all: composition,lighting,subject matter. Straight out of the 50's .Simply great.

Dec 17, 2012 at 07:02 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.32 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Thanks Alan and doowop42.
Doowop42, for this one I used the jpeg which I converted to B&W in Lightroom.

Dec 17, 2012 at 08:05 PM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.32 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

doowop42 wrote:
How was this B/W processed? This photo has it all: composition,lighting,subject matter. Straight out of the 50's .Simply great.

JochenB, Love the processing like doowop said! Never tried to do the conversion in LR as I have Siler Efex Pro2 but may have to try this as one thing I've noticed with SEP2 is that my files always come out too contrasty and gritty compared to how clean yours looks.

Dec 17, 2012 at 08:16 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password