Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              177      
       179              284       285       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.178 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Danke schon! I like your shot as well, very fun. Poor little one.

BokehBeauty wrote:
I love the new responsiveness of the X-E2 and the reliability of the AF together with the 60mm f2.4. Finally I can use it for what I bought the lens. Sure there could be better background separation, maybe some PP will help.

http://bokehbeauty.smugmug.com/Photography/Fuji-X100/i-jKPZGJD/0/X2/DSCF0150-X2.jpg

Dec 04, 2013 at 05:23 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.178 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Took the XE-1 on a trip to see family in FL over Thanksgiving and I couldn't be happier with its performance. I brought along my 6D, but barely touched it.

18-55.....

35 1.4 with CP....

18-55....

Dec 05, 2013 at 01:21 AM
AbramG
• • • •
p.178 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Yesssss. My XF 23mm came in today, thankfully I still have some friends at Fujifilm corporate.

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:09 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.178 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Report!

Dec 05, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.178 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

this is straight out of the camera, xpro1+35/1.4+astia mode

Dec 05, 2013 at 01:07 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.178 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I just wanted to stop in and say that there are many, many amazing pictures in this thread. I finally jumped into mirror less last week by picking up the XE2, 18-55 and the 23mm lens. It will be in addition to my extensive Canon gear that I use for wildlife and birding. I plan to use the XE2 for hiking and travel where my purpose isn't wildlife.

I use LR5 for my Canon gear and have continued to use it for the XE2 so far. I've been shooting RAW + Fine so I can compare the Fuji jpeg (which everyone says is so good) against the RAW and my own processing. I have a hard time matching the Fuji jpeg with the RAW in LR. I really like the jpeg but I'm a die hard RAW fan and don't know if I could bring myself to just shoot jpeg on this camera....oh the dilemmas. I also don't want to bother with any other software, so will stick with LR but not sure if I will stick with RAW.

My next big decision is whether to purchase the 14mm or wait for the 10-24. I can't decide what I'd use more. I love the quality of these Fuji lenses though. So well made...and I'm used to shooting $10,000 lenses from Canon.

Dec 05, 2013 at 01:36 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.178 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

The Fuji 14 us a stunningly good lens. Best ultra wide I've ever owned. I'm sure the 10-24 will be good, and if course it'll be much wider, but it will also be very large. Pictures that have been shown show it to be roughly twice the size of the 14mm...roughly the size of a DSLR UWA zoom.

Dec 05, 2013 at 01:51 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.178 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Jman13 wrote:
The Fuji 14 us a stunningly good lens. Best ultra wide I've ever owned. I'm sure the 10-24 will be good, and if course it'll be much wider, but it will also be very large. Pictures that have been shown show it to be roughly twice the size of the 14mm...roughly the size of a DSLR UWA zoom.

Yes, I've seen the pictures of it and it is very big. Bigger than all the others except the telephoto zooms. I've never shot much with prime lenses except at my long focal lengths on Canon. But I'm really loving this 23mm prime. I'm really leaning towards the 14 now where as before I was set on the 10-24. I may even consider selling the 18-55 and going for a 3 lens set: 14, 23, 56 ....decisions, decisions....

Dec 05, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.178 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I really like using primes on the Fuji. I typically carry the 14, 35, 60 and my 55-200, though sometimes I'll swap the 55-200 for my FD 85/1.8, and sometimes I bring my Speed Booster with a 50/1.4 or 55/1.2 in place of the 35. I also have the XC 16-50, which I got in a kit with the X-M1, and it's a decent lens (especially for the $100 extra it cost), and allows me to have a standard zoom for times I want one. I might pick up the 23/1.4, but I'm leaning towards getting the 27/2.8 instead, as I have the FD 35/2, which in conjunction with the Speed Booster gives me similar capability (though without AF and not quite as sharp) as the 23/1.4, and the 27 on the X-M1 will be great for a super small solution, vs my X-E2 with the larger lenses. Still on the fence about that. When the 56/1.2 comes out, though, I'll swap my 60 for that for sure. I use my OM-D for macro anyway.

Dec 05, 2013 at 02:59 PM
fishjump
• •
p.178 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

arbitrage wrote:
I just wanted to stop in and say that there are many, many amazing pictures in this thread. I finally jumped into mirror less last week by picking up the XE2, 18-55 and the 23mm lens. It will be in addition to my extensive Canon gear that I use for wildlife and birding. I plan to use the XE2 for hiking and travel where my purpose isn't wildlife.

I use LR5 for my Canon gear and have continued to use it for the XE2 so far. I've been shooting RAW + Fine so I can compare the Fuji jpeg (which everyone
...Show more

You should download LR 5.3 RC, it is better at processing the X trans file.

Dec 05, 2013 at 03:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

arbitrage
• • • • •
p.178 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

fishjump wrote:
You should download LR 5.3 RC, it is better at processing the X trans file.

That is what I am using, I never used the previous versions on the Fuji so I can't compare. It does a good job, but the colours out of the Fuji jpeg are hard to replicate.

Dec 05, 2013 at 03:48 PM
Delatant
• •
p.178 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Love the work here! Just received my X-E2, 18-55 (which I will immediately sell) and 23 - going to shoot now! Thanks so much for the LR 5.3 RC tip - just downloaded and installed. Have never really like LR processing of my XE1 files - pray 5.3RC helps!!

Keep the pics coming!

Dec 05, 2013 at 07:11 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.178 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Since this seems to come up every now and again. What is the best current tool to process XTrans? I have used LR5.2 and DCRaw. Get better results with DCRaw, but barely and the workflow is slow.

Dec 05, 2013 at 07:20 PM
itai195
• • •
p.178 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I've heard a lot of good things about Photo Ninja. However, like all converters that aren't LR or Aperture, I really dislike the UI.

Dec 05, 2013 at 07:22 PM
AbramG
• • • •
p.178 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

carstenw wrote:
Report!

Well so far I'm impressed with the overall handling on the X-Pro body (I use the hand grip). It feels extremely well constructed in comparison to the 18mm and 35mm lenses (which also feel well made). I really like the manual focus ring as well, it still uses the stepping motor but it is absolutely usable in my opinion.

Image quality observations are limited as it only arrived yesterday and I haven't had a lot of time to shoot with it yet. Wide open it looks pretty good in the center if I'm honest. Stopping down even to f/2.0 seems to improve the overall image dramatically. That's not to say that f/1.4 is unusable, it's just f/2.0 is noticeably better.

Running through the rest of the apertures further improves the image (as would be expected). I will hopefully get some time to get out soon and shoot with this thing and share some images with you all.

Dec 05, 2013 at 10:22 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.178 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

kwoodard wrote:
Since this seems to come up every now and again. What is the best current tool to process XTrans? I have used LR5.2 and DCRaw. Get better results with DCRaw, but barely and the workflow is slow.

Capture One is wonderful - you just missed a 30% off promotion, though. I sometimes use my X-E1 as a change of pace camera when I am shooting in the studio - for people/skin tones, the color balancing tools in CO save a lot of time compared to doing it in Photoshop.

Dec 05, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Mike Elfner

p.178 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Photo Ninja is also my tool of choice. Highly recommended!

itai195 wrote:
I've heard a lot of good things about Photo Ninja. However, like all converters that aren't LR or Aperture, I really dislike the UI.

Dec 06, 2013 at 05:48 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.178 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Dec 07, 2013 at 06:52 AM
W.T. Jones
• •
p.178 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Some nice light in that first one Spyro.

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.178 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

thanks
you know what they say in marketing? if you can't make it good, make it big. If you can't make it big, make it red... or pink/orange in my case

it's basically the tint from my cokin filters, but the city did sparkle for a few minutes there... golden hour light.

Dec 07, 2013 at 10:17 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password