Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              159      
       161              287       288       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.160 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
I've made dozens of similar shots like this, but I really like yours more than any of my attempts I may have to check out that Vivitar one day

The best are the Kiron made Series 1 Vivitar's. Excellent glass. I have a 400mm that is awesome.

Oct 29, 2013 at 03:05 AM
dakel
• •
p.160 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Tonnes of beautiful images being posted. I particularly liked Xenon's fair photos and naturemans autumn photos. I have several photos I'd like to share. I actually planned to take these with my Canon 5d2 but the silly thing wouldn't turn on. Freshly charged (but old batteries). Hopefully it's just the batteries. Luckily I had the XP1 and 14mm as a backup.

Walking through the forest, it really did feel like an enchanted, magical place. The floor was littered with yellow big leaf maple leaves and Black Oaks and Dogwoods were showing their colour beautifully. The air was breathless and so dry.

The cold spells and rain are late. I'd wished for some light rain and fog but they are nowhere to be seen. Looking at the photos back home, they captured none of the magic I felt there. So I added soft glow in post, using a modified Orton technique. No this is not an artifact of the X-trans sensor!

The Enchanted Forest

Forests need Guardians

Oct 29, 2013 at 05:46 AM
HelenaN
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.160 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Beautiful morning yesterday (X-E1 + XF 14mm):

Morning fog by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.160 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

ooh
Helena, print this

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.160 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Thank you! It's amazing how fog and sunlight can completely transform a place. This is taken about 5 minutes from our house, by the bus stop.

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
cputeq
• • • •
p.160 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
Thank you! It's amazing how fog and sunlight can completely transform a place. This is taken about 5 minutes from our house, by the bus stop.

Nice, serene shot You do realize, you're not helping me with my current situation, being Fuji-less now...If I end up rebuying into the system, you are one of the people I will blame (which is funny, since the person that bought my XE1 kit was buying it for the 3rd time)

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.160 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

now I'm gonna make you carry a tele in your bag... (or purse )
but if you happen upon the same scene some day, since it's close to home, it might be worth trying to isolate just the trees, their shadows and the sun, for a different, minimalistic composition.
sort of like the mid-left range of your photo (which I love as it is as well, it has sth very casual and honest about it)

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Alexey011

p.160 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
I've made dozens of similar shots like this, but I really like yours more than any of my attempts I may have to check out that Vivitar one day

Thanks, honestly i did not know what to expect from glass, but must say it's worth every penny
I have heard nice things about Vivitar 70-200 2.8-4 also made by Komine.
Helena, very nice and moody photo, Spyro is right, you should print this!

Oct 29, 2013 at 01:25 PM
BokehBeauty
• •
p.160 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Helena, it is amazing what you make of a scene

Oct 29, 2013 at 01:34 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.160 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Alexey and BokehBeauty, thank you very much!

cputeq, seriously? Funny! Fuji seems to cause mixed feelings in many of us. Most of the time I really love mine - actually more than RX1 - but sometimes I too want to sell it (because in strong direct light it can produce odd results on "soft" subjects like people). I'll try and wait a few months though and see what happens.

Spyro, great ideas. I think I would have to try them out elsewhere though, because this place really isn't very interesting unless there is fog. By the trees in the background there are boring houses, and just to the right there are power lines. Yes, I really should bring the tele zoom. I think I have used it twice in many months... If I had the 56/1.2 I'd definitely use it though.

Something completely different, but same gear:

Garages by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Oct 29, 2013 at 01:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

xenor
• •
p.160 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Helena both images above are so different but both fantastic one so soft and one so hard.
Some more from the fair (the last I'll post from the Hexanon 135):

(do you think they're having fun?!!)

more later with XF35mm

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.160 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

X-E1 with Canon FD 135mm f/2 and Speed Booster @ 95mm, f/1.4:

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.160 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
Beautiful morning yesterday (X-E1 + XF 14mm):

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3766/10554093706_6c941f72ec_o.jpg
Morning fog by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Lord that is a beautiful shot... Gives me hope for my new-to-me XE1.

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.160 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Jman13 wrote:
X-E1 with Canon FD 135mm f/2 and Speed Booster @ 95mm, f/1.4:

http://www.jordansteele.com/2013/man_reading.jpg

Doesn't the Speed Booster make the FF lens behave like the stated focal length, yet "faster" aperture? So in this case, 135mm and f/1.4? Nice shot btw, So very excited to try out my XE1, but I am waiting on a lens adapter...

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.160 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

You're mixing a few things up. First off, when straight adapted, nothing happens to the focal length. It's still a 135mm. It has the field of view of a 200mm lens in full frame, but it's still 135mm. The speed booster widens the lens and makes it a stop faster. The actual effect is 0.71x. So this turns the 135/2 into a 95mm f/1.4. Once you factor in the crop factor, it behaves close to how it would on full frame with regards to field of view and depth of field. (Actual full frame equivalent would be 142mm), but it's still a 95mm lens at this point as the crop factor doesn't actually do anything to the focal length.
kwoodard wrote:
Doesn't the Speed Booster make the FF lens behave like the stated focal length, yet "faster" aperture? So in this case, 135mm and f/1.4? Nice shot btw, So very excited to try out my XE1, but I am waiting on a lens adapter...

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.160 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Thanks for the clarification.

Jman13 wrote:
You're mixing a few things up. First off, when straight adapted, nothing happens to the focal length. It's still a 135mm. It has the field of view of a 200mm lens in full frame, but it's still 135mm. The speed booster widens the lens and makes it a stop faster. The actual effect is 0.71x. So this turns the 135/2 into a 95mm f/1.4. Once you factor in the crop factor, it behaves close to how it would on full frame with regards to field of view and depth of field. (Actual full frame equivalent would be 142mm), but it's
...Show more

Oct 30, 2013 at 03:07 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.160 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

xenor and kwoodard, thank you both! I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

xenor, I really like #2 and 3! You're doing great with that lens.
Jman, good composition and nice tones. Interesting with the blue pole. It's distracting and at the same time I feel that it enhances the photo.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.160 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Quick shot testing an FD 35/2 I picked up on the cheap. 35/2 on speedbooster wide open (so, 25mm, f/1.4):

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:26 PM
michael49
• • • • •
p.160 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

^ - nice.

Jordan, I'm curious if you've made any comparisons between the Fuji 35 1.4 vs the Rokkor or FD 50 1.4 with the SB.

Oct 30, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.160 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

No direct comparisons, but I can tell you that at matching DOF, the FD+SB is sharper in the center with both at f/1.4, but the Fuji is better on the edges. Stopped down a bit, the Fuji is the better lens, which is to be expected since it doesn't have additional optical elements. The SB does affect edge performance on these lenses, but overall it's pretty good. My Rokkor on the Lens Turbo is bad at wide apertures everywhere but the very center. The Fuji crushes it. But that's because the lens turbo isn't nearly as good as the speed booster.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password