FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              153      
       155              577       578       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

photosteph
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.154 #1 · p.154 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I feel kind of silly posting here after all the great- i mean, really- pictures in this thread.
But all you guyś work eventually made me cave in, and go for a Xe-1 plus 18-55. Used the nice rebate going on right now...
The funny thing is, i just love the fuji colors and skin tones, but it's this B&W treatment of a cold and foggy morning at home that i keep going back to...
So anyways, c&c welcomes, i am just an amateur in love with photography, with loads to learn...

Oct 17, 2013 at 03:19 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.154 #2 · p.154 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

photosteph wrote:
I feel kind of silly posting here after all the great- i mean, really- pictures in this thread.
But all you guyś work eventually made me cave in, and go for a Xe-1 plus 18-55. Used the nice rebate going on right now...
The funny thing is, i just love the fuji colors and skin tones, but it's this B&W treatment of a cold and foggy morning at home that i keep going back to...
So anyways, c&c welcomes, i am just an amateur in love with photography, with loads to learn...

Congrats on the new kit and no reason to feel silly! We're here for the love of photography, not really a contest.

That said, since you welcome C&C -- I like the composition of the shot, but it looks like you've got a lot of color there that of course goes away with the B&W treatment. Have you considered trying an alternate color treatment, maybe reducing contrast and some vibrance but keeping it color? That said, looks good as-is!

Looking forward to more!

edit - okay if I had a nit to pick, it's that white car's ass on the left side of the image

Oct 17, 2013 at 03:24 AM
tjpenton
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.154 #3 · p.154 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

All taken with the xe-1 and 35mm/1.4

Oct 17, 2013 at 03:35 AM
photosteph
• • •
p.154 #4 · p.154 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
Congrats on the new kit and no reason to feel silly! We're here for the love of photography, not really a contest.

That said, since you welcome C&C -- I like the composition of the shot, but it looks like you've got a lot of color there that of course goes away with the B&W treatment. Have you considered trying an alternate color treatment, maybe reducing contrast and some vibrance but keeping it color? That said, looks good as-is!

Looking forward to more!

edit - okay if I had a nit to pick, it's that white car's ass on the left side of
...Show more

You are right, the original (fall foliage) has lots of greens, reds and yellows...
and yes that damn Acura sticks out!

Thanks for your thoughts,

Oct 17, 2013 at 03:40 AM
photosteph
• • •
p.154 #5 · p.154 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

And another B&W for your C&C...I am on a roll!

At the amusement park a few weeks ago...

Oct 17, 2013 at 03:43 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.154 #6 · p.154 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Some shots from this morning. Wild, changing light and beautiful fall morning mist. All but the one with the leaf with the 55-200. The leaf shot is with the 35/1.4.

And one from last week at Notre Dame, with the 14/2.8:

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Nicolas_Goulet
• •
p.154 #7 · p.154 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Bridge Over The Swamp by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr

Oct 17, 2013 at 02:26 PM
xenor
• •
p.154 #8 · p.154 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

I haven't been around in a while and I'm awed by the past many pages of wonderful work by so many people. Great stuff!

Here are a few with X-E1 and Super Takumar 105mm f/2.8

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:10 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.154 #9 · p.154 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

X-E1 with 60/2.4 Macro:

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.154 #10 · p.154 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

xenor wrote:
I haven't been around in a while and I'm awed by the past many pages of wonderful work by so many people. Great stuff!

Here are a few with X-E1 and Super Takumar 105mm f/2.8

Nice set! Which adapter are you using? Are there any that are better than others? I see the Metabones units and they are pricey!

Jordan, lovely macro. Love the contrast in color and texture.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.154 #11 · p.154 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Kevin, I have two Metabones-adapters (standard-type, not the sophisticated Speedboosters, for Nikon-F-mount and Leica-R-mount). They are well-made in my opinion, have removeable tripod-mounts (Arca-style dovetail-profile), but are kinda heavy. For hefty or rather long lenses I prefer a tripod-mount on the adapter to take some stress from the camera-mount.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
ajamils
• • •
p.154 #12 · p.154 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

So what setting are people using to get the best looking OOC jpegs for portraits and landscapes? I have tried different setting but haven't gotten the results that people are posting here so I have stuck with RAW so far.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.154 #13 · p.154 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

ajamils wrote:
So what setting are people using to get the best looking OOC jpegs for portraits and landscapes? I have tried different setting but haven't gotten the results that people are posting here so I have stuck with RAW so far.

Portraits I use NegH with -1 shadow +1 color +1 sharp -2 NR

Landscape is a bit trickier as sometimes I can do Velvia with +2 color -1 shadow, other times 0 color. Easiest to shoot some raw and in-camera process to get a feel for the jpegs.

No shame in using in camera for low volume. Fuji does their jpegs in such a way that it is really hard for me to duplicate in LR and trust me, I have tried.

Oct 18, 2013 at 01:26 AM
ajamils
• • •
p.154 #14 · p.154 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
Portraits I use NegH with -1 shadow +1 color +1 sharp -2 NR

Landscape is a bit trickier as sometimes I can do Velvia with +2 color -1 shadow, other times 0 color. Easiest to shoot some raw and in-camera process to get a feel for the jpegs.

No shame in using in camera for low volume. Fuji does their jpegs in such a way that it is really hard for me to duplicate in LR and trust me, I have tried.

Thank you for the reply. I'm finding that same that the raw that I convert in camera are hard to replicate via LR or PN.

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:31 AM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.154 #15 · p.154 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Daughter doing some bedtime reading XE1, 35/1.4, JPEG cropped.

Oct 18, 2013 at 03:13 AM
jtchuk

p.154 #16 · p.154 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

X-Pro1 and 35mm at the beach again:

Oct 18, 2013 at 05:46 AM
jtchuk

p.154 #17 · p.154 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

And two more:

Oct 18, 2013 at 05:53 AM
xenor
• •
p.154 #18 · p.154 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

kwoodard wrote:
Nice set! Which adapter are you using? Are there any that are better than others? I see the Metabones units and they are pricey!

Thanks, kwoodard! These were done using a cheap Fotodiox M42-EOS adapter on a Fotodiox EOS-FX adapter. (A Fotodiox M42-FX adapter will be here today! )

Oct 18, 2013 at 09:13 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.154 #19 · p.154 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Went out to Hocking Hills for a little while before a meeting this morning. I'll be out for a more extensive trip on Sunday. All with the X-E1

Fuji 14/2.8:

Fuji 55-200:

Fuji 35/1.4:

Rokinon 8mm:

Oct 18, 2013 at 05:44 PM
barisaxer
• • •
p.154 #20 · p.154 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Nice work Jordan hope you post more when you do the longer trip.

Oct 18, 2013 at 06:14 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password