Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              119      
120
       121              577       578       end
  

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
  
 
cputeq
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #1 · p.120 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Joeri89 wrote:
One from a while back, just to remind myself that I need to pickup my X-E1 a bit more. Haven't used it a lot lately

http://www.joerigeentjens.be/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DSCF0101.jpg


Geez Louise, with that motivation, I'd be shooting hourly!



Jul 30, 2013 at 01:54 AM
justruss
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #2 · p.120 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


DTOB wrote:
Hey now that the x100s is x-trans, and the x100/100s thread gets little attention, perhaps I can come and play in here?


I'm pretty sure we had this discussion back when the X100s was released-- and the overall consensus was to maintain this thread as only for interchangeable, X-Trans cameras. So the decision was no X100s, even though it has the same/similar sensor.

I'm personally happy to revisit the suggestion if others are. I still tend to favor the idea of keeping the X100s to its own thread though. After all, there is an X100s/X100 thread already, so it's going to get confusing and perhaps encourage cross-posting, and given the title of this thread people are going to be coming here to see images from X-E1s/X-Pro1s.

But I'm happy to go with what everyone else suggests.



Jul 30, 2013 at 07:49 AM
HelenaN
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #3 · p.120 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Spent a very nice long weekend at a couple of islands outside of Trondheim. X-E1 and Fuji 14mm:


Old wooden boat by Helena Normark, on Flickr



Old wooden boat by Helena Normark, on Flickr



Hitra by Helena Normark, on Flickr



Green water by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Edited on Jul 31, 2013 at 09:01 AM · View previous versions



Jul 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
naturephoto1
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #4 · p.120 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


I am cross posting this from the Leica R thread. Here are a series of photos that I took the evening of July 26, 2013 in Magic Hour over quite some distance from hill to hill (1/2 mile or more) from the Trexler Nature Preserve Environmental Center, Schnecksville, PA. Images taken with my tripod mounted Leica 280mm f4 Apo Telyt lens and my Fujifilm X-E1 camera. Additionally, the first 3 images taken with Leica 2X Apo Extender and at f16. The 4th image was used with the Leica 1.4X Apo Extender and at f11. Images processed in LR5.

Rich






Field from Trexler Nature Preserve Environmental Center







House from Trexler Nature Preserve Environmental Center







Kids Peace from Trexler Nature Preserve Environmental Center 2X Extender







Kids Peace from Trexler Nature Preserve Environmental Center 1.4X Extender



Edited on Jul 30, 2013 at 03:05 PM · View previous versions



Jul 30, 2013 at 01:32 PM
DTOB
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #5 · p.120 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


justruss wrote:
I'm pretty sure we had this discussion back when the X100s was released-- and the overall consensus was to maintain this thread as only for interchangeable, X-Trans cameras. So the decision was no X100s, even though it has the same/similar sensor.

I'm personally happy to revisit the suggestion if others are. I still tend to favor the idea of keeping the X100s to its own thread though. After all, there is an X100s/X100 thread already, so it's going to get confusing and perhaps encourage cross-posting, and given the title of this thread people are going to be coming here to
...Show more

Either way. Totally understand keeping this thread as just xpro/xe1, lenses are a totally different ballgame. I'll do my best to keep the other thread alive.



Jul 30, 2013 at 01:41 PM
AbramG
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #6 · p.120 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Helena, every time I see your work it just makes me excited. I love your eye for capturing your surroundings, and it's clear you're putting that 14mm to good use!

It's definitely on my want list.



Jul 30, 2013 at 03:03 PM
HelenaN
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #7 · p.120 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Thank you Abram! The 14mm is fantastic.

Your work (and some others') makes the 35mm very tempting... but I have never gotten along well with that focal length, so I'll try and resist. Also, the Fuji was only meant to tide me over while waiting for a relatively small FF camera, so I don't want to "invest" too much. However, I'm much happier with it than I thought I'd be, so it doesn't really feel like a temporary solution any more... We'll see.



Jul 30, 2013 at 05:18 PM
ypras
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #8 · p.120 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Both with Voigtlander 15


Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr


Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr



Jul 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM
AbramG
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #9 · p.120 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


HelenaN wrote:
Thank you Abram! The 14mm is fantastic.

Your work (and some others') makes the 35mm very tempting... but I have never gotten along well with that focal length, so I'll try and resist. Also, the Fuji was only meant to tide me over while waiting for a relatively small FF camera, so I don't want to "invest" too much. However, I'm much happier with it than I thought I'd be, so it doesn't really feel like a temporary solution any more... We'll see.


I would like to see a full frame mirrorless camera option, but I worry that the lenses will be humongous. I'm quite fond of the size of the X-Pro 1 and the focal lengths available are perfect for how I shoot personally. I just have the 18 and 35mm lenses (with an adapted Pentax 50mm I use on occasion now), and it works great for me. The 35 is a gem really, I got to know it really well on my trip and I definitely think it's a worthy lens for this system.

50mm can be a boring focal length to some, but I actually do like it quite a bit. 28/35/50mm are my favorite focal lengths for "rangefinder-style" shooting (based on my past experience with 35mm rangefinder cameras).



Jul 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM
HelenaN
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #10 · p.120 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


AbramG wrote:
I would like to see a full frame mirrorless camera option, but I worry that the lenses will be humongous. I'm quite fond of the size of the X-Pro 1 and the focal lengths available are perfect for how I shoot personally. I just have the 18 and 35mm lenses (with an adapted Pentax 50mm I use on occasion now), and it works great for me. The 35 is a gem really, I got to know it really well on my trip and I definitely think it's a worthy lens for this system.

50mm can be a boring focal length
...Show more

Yes, the lens size is what is worrying me too. The kit I have now (RX1, X-E1 with the 14mm and 55-200mm) is perfect for what I shoot. The size/weight is so nice compared to the Canon gear I used to have, and image quality is more than good enough for me, so I hope I can resist replacing it once a FF mirrorless is out. If I still feel this good about my Fuji gear when the 56/1.2 is released I'll probably buy one.

It's interesting how some people prefer 35mm and others 50mm. I have always been a 35mm person, but a friend simply can't enjoy it and always goes for 50mm.


Another from the weekend trip. X-E1 + Fuji 14mm as usual.


Uttian by Helena Normark, on Flickr


Edited on Jul 31, 2013 at 01:17 PM · View previous versions



Jul 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



you2
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #11 · p.120 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


HelenaN your images are really great; but is it my imagination or does this last one have a greenish tint ?


Jul 31, 2013 at 01:01 PM
HelenaN
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #12 · p.120 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Thank you! Yes, a green and blue tint. It was grayish because of fog in the background, so I decided to play with split toning in Lightroom, but I see now that I overdid it, so I have replaced the photo with one with a bit less toning.


Jul 31, 2013 at 01:19 PM
cyra
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #13 · p.120 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Can I ask a question in between your intriguing images?

Did the firmware update get focus peaking to the X-E1 also or just to the X-Pro 1?
Sorry, it sure is mentioned somewhere in the thread but I am not through yet.



Jul 31, 2013 at 01:21 PM
Jman13
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #14 · p.120 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Yes, the X-E1 has focus peaking now (and much better AF...)


Jul 31, 2013 at 01:43 PM
cputeq
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #15 · p.120 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Had to "cheat" on my Fuji setup and finally get a second lens for my 5D3 -- 17-40L. I mean, for $550 shipped, being only a few months old (reputable seller), I just couldn't pass it up.

I've been really impressed with the 14mm, and I might still get it, but I can't shake the feeling I just like my 5D3 landscape shots better. The 'watercolor' effect on my XE1 is what pushed me to get the 17-40L (and the low price and the fact it'll use my B&W 77mm CPL)- I process the files carefully to mostly avoid exacerbating the issue, but when I'm going for as detailed as a scene as I can get, I seem to bump up against the 'watercolor' somewhat.

So, hopefully the 17-40L is a good copy. I may give the 14mm a rental and check it out -- I'm really curious to see if a pretty good zoom with a 22MP FF performs against a 16MP Xtrans with a very sharp 14mm, especially in fine foliage detail.





Jul 31, 2013 at 03:05 PM
molson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #16 · p.120 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


cputeq wrote:
The 'watercolor' effect on my XE1 is what pushed me to get the 17-40L


I have a lot of 17-40L images where the corners and edges of the frame might charitably be described in the same terms... hopefully your copy is better.



Jul 31, 2013 at 03:35 PM
jcolwell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #17 · p.120 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


The corners of my XF 14/2.8 R on X-Pro 1 are a lot better than was my EF 17-40L on 1DsIII.


Jul 31, 2013 at 03:49 PM
apsphoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #18 · p.120 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


jcolwell wrote:
The corners of my XF 14/2.8 R on X-Pro 1 are a lot better than was my EF 17-40L on 1DsIII.



That has been my experience as well with the 5DmII and the 17-40mm. The Fuji is tack sharp.

Alan



Jul 31, 2013 at 04:05 PM
apsphoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.120 #19 · p.120 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


cputeq, I still use my 77mm cpl and B+W ND filters with my Fuji setup, just use step up rings, they are also let me use my Lee filters as well, a bit of overkill but it does work just fine.

Alan



Jul 31, 2013 at 04:07 PM
cyra
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.120 #20 · p.120 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread


Jman13 wrote:
Yes, the X-E1 has focus peaking now (and much better AF...)


ah, good news, thank you.

Has anyone tried long manual lenses with the focus peaking? like 300-400mm?



Jul 31, 2013 at 05:01 PM
1       2       3              119      
120
       121              577       578       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              119      
120
       121              577       578       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password