Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              102      
       104              284       285       end

Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.103 #1 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Velvia strikes again by J L Smith, on Flickr

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.103 #2 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
In other news, just updated to 1.06, the default down arrow going to AF selection makes the camera 10 times easier to select the AF point!

It is amazing how such a little change can make things feel so much better. It is now eminently easier to change the AF point now.

It's really nice to see that Fuji is one of the few companies that truly listens to their customers with regards to firmware updates. The AF button position was something harped on in most every review and on message boards. They've made major improvements in these cameras through FW updates, and it sounds like the July update will be even bigger, adding focus peaking and faster AF to the whole line. Awesome.

It does make more work for me as a reviewer, though, as I now have to edit my review, and will again in July.

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.103 #3 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

So, I passed that abandoned lot again today to see if the chair was still there. It was, but had either been knocked over by a car or the wind or something. It conveniently fell in pretty much the perfect place compositionally. I did not reposition the chair (on either day). It's as I found it:

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.103 #4 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
Two shots. First with the 18-55 in bulb (secured on tripod using my hand). Second is with adapted Minolta 600mm f/5.6, probably at around f/11 I'm not sure.

For some reason the 600mm isn't quite hitting infinity focus correctly. I thought at first it was the NEX adapter I had used on my NEX5N, but now on the Fuji same thing - it just gets barely close, but not quite infinity. I took apart the front element assembly but there's no way to adjust it, that I know of. Ah well.

That's no moon........................
(sorry couldn'r resist )

Jun 25, 2013 at 01:14 PM
justruss
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.103 #5 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Love that image Jordan!

Jun 25, 2013 at 02:31 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.103 #6 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
Now Fuji, repeat after me "minimum shutter selection with AutoISO". You can do it

Scroll down to "ISO Sensitivity" - http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_m1/features/page_04.html

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:26 PM
fatedquest

p.103 #7 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

corposant wrote:
Scroll down to "ISO Sensitivity" - http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_m1/features/page_04.html

Nice. I guess we can expect it for the whole X range too. Although I never saw a need for it on my X100.

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:29 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.103 #8 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Good news!

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:34 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.103 #9 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

This new firmware is great great news.

Two photos with the CV 15 and the X-E1

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:47 PM
cputeq
• • • •
p.103 #10 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

corposant wrote:

You got me very excited for about 4 seconds until I saw that stupid "M" in the name

Hopefully it'll migrate over to XP/XE

Jun 25, 2013 at 05:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

millsart
• • • •
p.103 #11 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Jordan, what lens did you use for the knocked over chair shot ?

Jun 25, 2013 at 05:11 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.103 #12 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

millsart wrote:
Jordan, what lens did you use for the knocked over chair shot ?

60/2.4 macro.

Jun 25, 2013 at 05:15 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.103 #13 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

Rendered really nicely. I had one right when they came out with my XPro and guess I didn't spend enough time with it since at the time anyways, the focus was so slow with that lens

Jun 25, 2013 at 05:19 PM
alba63
• • •
p.103 #14 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

corposant wrote:

The new body has it, but I happen to have the X-E1 and I am waiting for this tiny tiny feature (worth 10 lines of firmware code) since day one. I couldn't care less for focus peaking but an intelligent Auto ISO is so helpful that it is insane not to implent it.

Bernie

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:38 PM
alba63
• • •
p.103 #15 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

cputeq wrote:
You got me very excited for about 4 seconds until I saw that stupid "M" in the name

Hopefully it'll migrate over to XP/XE

Can everybody who wishes to have this mail personally to Fujifilm Tokyo or USA? I already did and received an answer which was very polite, but not very clear.

Even the latest announcments for firmware (for end of July) do not include this feature.

Bernie

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:40 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.103 #16 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

A while ago I sent an e-mail to Fuji with several suggestions for a FW update. I recieved a general, polite reply.

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:44 PM
alba63
• • •
p.103 #17 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

mortyb wrote:
I recieved a general, polite reply.

The japanese way of saying **** *** !!!

Honestly, this one feature (minimum shutter speed in Auto ISO) has been asked for so much and in so many reviews that it is totally impossible that they did not notice.

Unfortunately, my other frequently used camera, the Nex-7, also does not have it. But my 6 year old Fuji S5 pro has it and it is a breeze to use. Use it and forget a bout ISO alltogether...

Bernie

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:03 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.103 #18 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

millsart wrote:
Rendered really nicely. I had one right when they came out with my XPro and guess I didn't spend enough time with it since at the time anyways, the focus was so slow with that lens

Thanks. Don't use these chair images as an indication of pure rendering quality, however. While the 60/2.4 does have really nice bokeh, these images have been somewhat, um, enhanced.

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:05 PM
itai195
• • •
p.103 #19 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

alba63 wrote:
The new body has it, but I happen to have the X-E1 and I am waiting for this tiny tiny feature (worth 10 lines of firmware code) since day one. I couldn't care less for focus peaking but an intelligent Auto ISO is so helpful that it is insane not to implent it.

Bernie

10 lines of code? Did you measure that yourself? I want this feature too, but lets not get carried away

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:15 PM
cputeq
• • • •
p.103 #20 · Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread

It's probably more than 10 of course, but it's extremely easy to program the logic for this, and a "few lines of code"probably isn't very far off the mark.

Jun 25, 2013 at 09:11 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password