Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Having a problem with my CF card

DimaVazinovich
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Having a problem with my CF card

so i was shooting a wedding today and changed a card for a moment just to check something on the other card ,
after i got my first card back in , camera says "you need to format card" before using it and bla bla bla , and i did take pictures on that first card already , and i do need them .
when i try to read it with card reader on my comp , computer cant find it , and says u need to format it , but when i try to format also not working .

anyone had that problem and can help ?

Mar 23, 2012 at 01:58 AM
johnip
• • •
p.1 #2 · Having a problem with my CF card

Perhaps it has died.

Try checking it for errors. If using Windows, go to My Computer, right click on the card, click properties, click the Tools tab, and there should be a button to check the drive for errors. It might be able to fix it.

Mar 23, 2012 at 03:13 AM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #3 · Having a problem with my CF card

Whatever you do DO NOT reformat the card until you're certain beyond doubt you have the images. I've seen Lexar's Image Rescue online (on legit sites) for free from time to time. You need that, or something like that.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 23, 2012 at 04:58 PM
johnip
• • •
p.1 #4 · Having a problem with my CF card

Yeah, a disk used to come with Sandisk cards. There are many free image rescue type programs out there though. Maybe a little clunky, but the one I tried a few years back worked just fine.

Mar 24, 2012 at 01:23 AM
Andrew J
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Having a problem with my CF card

Formatting removes no data so you can relax about that. Data rescue software gets back data if you formatted or not. Only writing to a card destroys data.

Mar 26, 2012 at 04:22 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password