Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

James Taylor
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

On one of the other threads someone mentioned picking two up from his local camera store. Anyone else have them yet? Mine haven't shipped. Would love to hear what you think of the new flash!

Mar 22, 2012 at 04:05 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

There is a user review on the Canon forum.

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

Yes, it looks good! Was hoping someone with a 5DMKII could say how it works on a pre-2012 camera.

Mar 25, 2012 at 01:53 AM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

Adorama just sent an email saying they are ready to ship! Hopefully I get to try these on the 5DMKII and 7D soon!

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DblDrgn
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

Just got mine today - testing with the 5Dmkii I was able to get several shots around 1/1000th using HSS!!!

Mar 28, 2012 at 06:28 PM
sic0048
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

James Taylor wrote:
Yes, it looks good! Was hoping someone with a 5DMKII could say how it works on a pre-2012 camera.

Check out Syl Arena's blog. According to him, he did not experience the 1 stop of sync speed loss when using the older bodies. I'm sure there is some combination of factors that would cause the loss and that is why Canon wrote the specs like that. But for general use, it looks like it will work great on the MkII.

Mar 28, 2012 at 07:22 PM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

DblDrgn wrote:
Just got mine today - testing with the 5Dmkii I was able to get several shots around 1/1000th using HSS!!!

Good to know!!! Can you check to see if the off camera flash can be in manual mode, about 1/4 power, and still HSS? I would really appreciate it!

JT

Also, can you control the power output on the off camera flash in manual mode with the 5DMKII?

Mar 29, 2012 at 03:40 AM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Are you one of the lucky individuals that have the 600EX-RT?

sic0048 wrote:
Check out Syl Arena's blog. According to him, he did not experience the 1 stop of sync speed loss when using the older bodies. I'm sure there is some combination of factors that would cause the loss and that is why Canon wrote the specs like that. But for general use, it looks like it will work great on the MkII.

Yes, I did see that and it made up my mind to order the flash. However, i'm never sure if pre-release tests are with the finalized firmware. They may have set it to work for reviews knowing that a 5DMKIII & 1DX had not been released yet. In that case it wouldn't be possible to test However, now that shipping units are in the wild for regular photogs I want to make sure Canon didn't change the firmware and restrict the flash to just the 2012 models for HSS.

Mar 29, 2012 at 03:44 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password