Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Soccer poster, need help with text

photowrm
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Sirs,

Making some posters, in looking at them and before I print them, I noticed the 2012 doesn't look quite right.

I remember seeing a thread about this awhile ago but was unable to find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I would like to make the last two characters 1,2 to move closer to the first two. Come to think about it the T,and A in star also.

Thanks,

Bob

photowrm 2012

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM
mbaumser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Soccer poster, need help with text

I would put each digit in it's own text box and then move them about until it looked right

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM
photowrm
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Good idea! Tried it on three layers, had to merge layers and raserize it? when finished I was able to fix spacing but type style looked different. I think there is a setting for this when making text layer.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Yes Billy Hurst and I discussed this a couple of weeks ago. You have a couple of options... as mentioned you can put each number on its own layer. The second option is to highlight the letters you want to tweak and change the character spacing in the character palette. You want to try to avoid rasterizing the text though. Instead consider grouping it to maintain the flexibility of changing the text size and attributes as needed.

Nice poster by the way.

Mar 22, 2012 at 01:02 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Soccer poster, need help with text

mbaumser wrote:
I would put each digit in it's own text box and then move them about until it looked right

This was my first thought as well, and exactly how I would do it.

Paul

Mar 22, 2012 at 01:03 AM
photowrm
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Mr. Alesse I tried the earlier idea, (multi layers) and it worked, but if I want to reposition 2012 I have to do it three times. I guess that's what I'll do.

Any chance you could link the thread about the type correction?

Thanks to all!

Bob

Mar 22, 2012 at 02:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Soccer poster, need help with text

P Alesse wrote:
The second option is to highlight the letters you want to tweak and change the character spacing in the character palette.
Nice poster by the way.

By far the easiest option

Mar 22, 2012 at 02:58 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Soccer poster, need help with text

photowrm wrote:
Mr. Alesse I tried the earlier idea, (multi layers) and it worked, but if I want to reposition 2012 I have to do it three times. I guess that's what I'll do.

Bob... I lost ya. Let's say you have each digit on its own layer for a total of 4 layers. You don't have to merge and flatten those layers in order to move the entire 4 digits together. When you merge them, they aren't editable anymore as text. What I was suggesting was that after you have created all 4 layers and spaced the letters the way you wanted, you can now link all 4 layers without destroying the editable text layers. When they are linked, you can move the year as an entire unit and not worry about each digit anymore.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Bob, here's a link to pg 8 of the poster thread that has some info on what you need: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/939518/7

One slight adjustment to the info there-- you only need to highlight the left character of the two you're changing the kerning on, then change the 'Tracking' number in the Character Palette ('kerning' and 'tracking' both pretty much mean 'spacing'). The space immediately to its right is where the adjustment will happen. Note in the screen shot below that you can change the font, size, and other attributes of each individual character, on one layer.

Mar 22, 2012 at 01:14 PM
photowrm
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Yep That's it! Thanks guys.

Bob

Mar 22, 2012 at 05:57 PM
photowrm
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Soccer poster, need help with text

Tried layering, merging, and linking. Now kerning! Way easier, I was going to copy and paste new text layer to over a dozen posters now I only have to make a small adjustment. -100 between 0 and 1, and -140 between 1 and 2.

Thanks, Mr. Stapleton, Mr. D, and Mr. Alesse.

Edit to ad photo

Mar 22, 2012 at 06:38 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password