Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

rpearce12

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

Quick synopsis on the story behind this shot. It is ~15 photos stitched together from last year's South Carolina vs Clemson game in Columbia, SC. I have always wanted to make this shot and was finally able to. I unfortunately was able to get within 4 feet of the middle of the stadium, giving off a slight angle.

I would really like to receive some criticism from everyone on this poster (which I don't believe is ever in short supply here ). Constructive criticism is preferred, but not necessary. I think it looks okay, but would love for you all to nit-pick it. I've posted it on potn as well, but would love some more feedback.

Go at it, if you would please! Cropped version or not?

Cropped the photo a bit tighter.

Edit: Photoshopped people into stands on the right to fill a couple of gaps in the corners.

Mar 20, 2012 at 02:37 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

I really like it. I just don't like it matted on all black like this. I need something visually to make the inset of the pano standout a bit more from the black matte.

Mar 20, 2012 at 02:55 PM
rpearce12

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

What would your suggestion be? Would it work better if I made the closest white border thicker or make the black BG white?

Mar 20, 2012 at 02:58 PM
bigblue1ca

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

I prefer the cropped and I agree there needs to be a little more separation. Now as for how to do that, I'd be interested in seeing both of your suggestions.

Mar 20, 2012 at 03:20 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

I'm not seeing any difference in 'crops' between the two versions you have posted.

I would try swapping the outermost mat's black with the adjacent red color. So you would have the same proportions of mat space/color. Starting from the photo and working out, it would go white (very thin), black, white (very thin), black (not quite so thin) and red (widest of all).

Ultimately, this will just take some playing around on your part to get the best combination of colors, thicknesses, etc.

Mar 20, 2012 at 03:36 PM
bigblue1ca

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

Russ, cropped vs. not, if you look closely, the people/everything in the cropped image appear slightly closer and the gentleman that is visible in blue on the right in the non-copped image is gone in the cropped, same for a good portion of a guy wearing a orange/white hoodie on the left of the image.

Mar 20, 2012 at 03:56 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

bigblue: Thank you. I do see now that there is additional space beyond the light stanchions in the second image. I thought the 'extra people' were what had been cloned in, but I can see that there's more crowd area as well.

Mar 20, 2012 at 04:29 PM
rpearce12

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Football Stadium Panoramic Poster

Thoughts on this now? Fattened a couple of lines.

Mar 20, 2012 at 04:41 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.