Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

xtremediver
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

Does anybody use the Paramount cords? If so, how long, how reliable and do you feel that they are worth the $$$ ? I am considering using the HSFM-ETTL Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2 and would like to hear any feed back on that particular cord, if possible.

Mar 19, 2012 at 01:24 AM
onetrack
• •
p.1 #2 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

I have a couple of their sync cords for Nikon. They screw into the camera instead of just pushing on. Very well made.

So, if you want to save, buy a couple of their cords with the end that is unique, then make your own extension cables using whatever type of connectors you like.

I recommend soldering all of the connectors that you add.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM
xtremediver
• •
p.1 #3 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

This is a hot shoe cord with a 2nd hot shoe attached for a pocket wizard or CyberSync transmitter for use on a bracket. I am not using the PC port, but the cameras hot shoe connector. I did consider the screw connector on the PC port, but this will be better suited for my needs, I think. I am using a RRS QR wedding bracket with a second mount attached for the transmitter. It is an expensive cord, but if it is as well made as you said, then I don't mind the cost as much. I appreciate the feedback!

Mar 19, 2012 at 02:33 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

I've got a couple of their cords that I used before I went to radio controls. You will not find better made cords anywhere--the quality is obvious when you hold the cord in your hand. If you use cords for any commercial reason, or you need the best possible reliability, Paramount is the cord you want.

And the fact that they custom make cords is great too.

If your cord might be a fairly common type, check B&H--they have a selection of Paramount cords on their shelves.

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

I've used several cords from Paramount and echo what RDKirk says about quality. If you don't see an item on their web site call them. If they don't have it as a stock item they can custom make it. It will not be cheap, but you'll get good value for the price.

If you use PC cords also get one of the tip conditioning tools they sell. That thing is worth it's weight in gold, even at today's inflated prices

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

I had some and when they failed, Paramount did nothing about it after repeated attempts on my part. I don't buy them anymore.

Mar 20, 2012 at 06:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

henryp
• • •
p.1 #7 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

Unless I abused one I've never had a problem with a Paramount cord.

- henry

Mar 20, 2012 at 07:10 PM
Hal Olson
• •
p.1 #8 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

Bullet Proof, good cords!

Mar 21, 2012 at 01:18 AM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #9 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

Well made cords. Never had any problems.

Mar 21, 2012 at 03:29 AM
xtremediver
• •
p.1 #10 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

Thanks to all for your responses, sounds like a great investment and value.

Mar 25, 2012 at 02:35 AM
Engelsen

p.1 #11 · Reliability of Paramount Cords

I have a couple of paramount cords that go from my pocket wizards to the sync sockets on my generators. I do not use them any more, as they never did fit properly. They would lose contact.

Mar 25, 2012 at 07:45 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password