New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Broncolor power packs

rbj1948

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Broncolor power packs

A simple question about output of these packs. I have a Pulso 4 - 3200 ws pack with 4 head connections. My question is the total output 3200 j or does each head have 3200 j output. So if I connect 4 heads at 100% power do I get 800 ws per head or 3200 ws per head?

Also on the older blue flash heads can you replace the 700 ws flash tube with a 1400 or 1600 ws tube? I heard that the heads are the same with the exception of the flash tubes

Thanks

Bob

Mar 17, 2012 at 05:44 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Broncolor power packs

The pack's rating is the total output of the pack. A 3200 Ws pack will output up to 3200 Ws, total, each time it pops. That can be up to 800 Ws to each of 4 heads, or ~1067 Ws to 3 heads, or 1600 Ws to 2 heads, or so on.

The newer heads are indeed identical with the only difference being the preinstalled tubes; I'm not certain about the older ones.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM
400d
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Broncolor power packs

Here's the link to Pulso 2/4/8 manual: http://bit.ly/yzsXjy

I asked a similar question regarding the Pulso heads, and here's the response from Broncolor US:
The Pulso 2 and Pulso 4 lamp head have detection resistors on the circuit baords. Pulso 2 has a 22k and Pulso 4 has a 33k resistor. These resistors were put there so that the Pulso 4 and Pulso 4A pack (only) would know whether the lamp head is a 1600ws or 3200ws. If you were to connect a Pulso 2 lamp base (1600) to a Pulso 4/4A pack and put the power level at 10. The power display will not display the power level because it knows that the lamp head is a 1600ws. But that is only for the...Show more

Therefore, I guess you should send an email to Salomon, the service manager of Broncolor US: srafael[at]bronimaging.com

Mar 18, 2012 at 01:50 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.