Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · new ipad display

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · new ipad display

wow
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

and I think that puts to rest all of those making the crazy claims about how 1080p is pointless unless you get a TV at least 42", I always said that was nuts, and that even on a 24" it makes a huge difference

wow side by side the old one just looks awful in comparsion

the new one soooo smoothly sharp and clear and the colors are more vibrant too, wow

i never cared for the screen on any tablet, simply to lo-res and often too-low gamut as well, never imagined getting one, but now tablets have started to arrive, this is real and it's spectacular

(screen color uniformity maybe not the best, so even with a color profiles screen, exact in field matching might be a little tricky, got to be many hundreds K difference across screen really getting a bit on the extreme side of things, but otherwise, simply out of this world)

Mar 17, 2012 at 07:05 AM
Jim Burk
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · new ipad display

I found that the new one does look better, but not enough to say the old one looks "awful". I would say the old looks "good", and the new one only "better".

Mar 17, 2012 at 07:18 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · new ipad display

Here's another way to compare Apple's current (nano-second) breakthrough in cutting edge technology:

http://adland.tv/commercials/snl-skit-verizon-4g-lte-smartphones-spoof

Mar 17, 2012 at 02:45 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · new ipad display

borderlight wrote:
Here's another way to compare Apple's current (nano-second) breakthrough in cutting edge technology:

http://adland.tv/commercials/snl-skit-verizon-4g-lte-smartphones-spoof

hah, yeah i saw that one

Mar 17, 2012 at 06:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · new ipad display

Jim Burk wrote:
I found that the new one does look better, but not enough to say the old one looks "awful". I would say the old looks "good", and the new one only "better".

All I can say is the difference looks utterly night and day to me. It just leaves the old one in the dust.
My NEC PA241W looked like grainy, jagged 640x400 or something afterwards too.

Mar 17, 2012 at 06:31 PM
halie
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · new ipad display

I was just looking at the new screen in the store. It is gorgeous, but not pretty enough to warrant paying $660 to replace my ipad2. However, if I didn't already have an iPad I would have bought the new one for sure.

Mar 17, 2012 at 07:59 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · new ipad display

I didn't yet measure it myself, but looking at some measurements on the web it seems they radically improve the gamut as well. The old ipads gamuts are tragically smaller than even the small sRGB while the new ipad pretty much covers all of sRGB it seems. This is also much better for non-managed programs, as 99.9% of ipad apps, since the primaries are in at least some semblance of the proper location for sRGB now.

Mar 20, 2012 at 02:08 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password