Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3              5       6       end
  

Archive 2012 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn
  
 
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Tim has always busted my balls for shooting @700mm. So since the weather is still pretty $hitty here I've dug up some old images @500mm to share. Damn it, Tim was right! The bare 5 is much better than being at 7.

I hope you all are seeing more sunlight than I am! All EXIF data intact. And critiques, as always, are welcome!

1. Semiplamated Plover






2. Tri-colored Heron






3. Reddish Egret






4. Black-necked Stilt






5. Stellar's Jay






6. Anhinga






7. Little Blue Heron






8. Juvi Reddish Egret






9. White Ibis









Mar 16, 2012 at 05:12 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Beauties, Conrad, about as good as the 700mm shots that you posted. For the cost of that lens, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Tony



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:15 PM
BearCreekLar
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Haha, Mr Kuhn usually steers you in the right way, it aint his fault you are so dang stubborn...haha..what it means is, Put down your phone and get a little closer instead of sitting on your arse with phone in one hand Camera in the other and flip flops flappin in the wind..... just busting your chops buddy
These are awesome my friend...4, 7 and 9 are eye poppers!!
Lar



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:17 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Imagemaster wrote:
Beauties, Conrad, about as good as the 700mm shots that you posted. For the cost of that lens, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Tony






Thank you kindly Tony! I hope for the cost of the new 600mm that my images will be 2X as good



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:40 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


BearCreekLar wrote:
Haha, Mr Kuhn usually steers you in the right way, it aint his fault you are so dang stubborn...haha..what it means is, Put down your phone and get a little closer instead of sitting on your arse with phone in one hand Camera in the other and flip flops flappin in the wind..... just busting your chops buddy
These are awesome my friend...4, 7 and 9 are eye poppers!!
Lar






Hahaha! Hey hey hey... I like my flip flops flapping in the wind dude!



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:40 PM
Mark Cronin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Great shots Conrad, looks like 700 might have been too much.
Mark



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:41 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Mark Cronin wrote:
Great shots Conrad, looks like 700 might have been too much.
Mark





Haha! Yeah 700mm would have been too much as these suckers were right in front of me



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:43 PM
eyelaser
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Your images are masterful buddy. With or without the extender your stuff is amazing.
Eric



Mar 16, 2012 at 05:51 PM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Oh wow Conrad, do you have a fever or something, shooting at 500

A stellar set of shots CT Oh the White Ibis is off the friggin hook and that's at f4!! I can look at that shot all day, it is that good. Not a stinker in the bunch, this is one of your finest posts

Tim



Mar 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM
Jim8EL
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Stunning shots Conrad. I could never pick a favorite out of these. All great.

Jim



Mar 16, 2012 at 06:01 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Ed Robertson
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Wish they were mine. Ed


Mar 16, 2012 at 06:09 PM
Alan Dean
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Spectacular sir. Congratulations. Alan


Mar 16, 2012 at 06:28 PM
mike717
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Excellent series Conrad!
Looks like that Jay is gonna choke.

Mike



Mar 16, 2012 at 06:36 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Old images? If you have been always that good ..... here goes my hope.
Super set, Conrad.
Chris



Mar 16, 2012 at 07:28 PM
David Leask
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Fabulous shots Conrad. I'm bleeding just looking at them they are so sharp.
David



Mar 16, 2012 at 07:40 PM
Gary Lee 44
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Stone cold good stuff Conrad. Love the Jay and the Juvi best. went out shooting myself today and all you can find here right now is geese, mallards and crows. I did see one red bird but he was younger and faster than me.
Gary



Mar 16, 2012 at 07:58 PM
tfoltz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Conrad, Ol' Buddy this is a fine (detailed) set
the 500 really does perform it's best when un-aided
but the extender sure makes up for our lousy stealth abilities.
I find myself using it more than I used to. Looks like we are in for some rainy
weather for a few days.

-Tim



Mar 16, 2012 at 08:06 PM
randysc
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Hard to pick one favorite here buddy, the Semiplamated Plover is razor sharp with nice BG, the Black-necked Stilt is $$$ but the White Ibis might be the shot of the set. Call me when you upgrade to the 600 and want to get rid of that bad copy 500 you have . Well done man.

Randy






Mar 16, 2012 at 08:17 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


eyelaser wrote:
Your images are masterful buddy. With or without the extender your stuff is amazing.
Eric








Thank you very very much Eric! Not as good as your damn mountains and peckers!



Mar 16, 2012 at 08:35 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · @500mm for Mr. Kuhn


Tim Kuhn wrote:
Oh wow Conrad, do you have a fever or something, shooting at 500

A stellar set of shots CT Oh the White Ibis is off the friggin hook and that's at f4!! I can look at that shot all day, it is that good. Not a stinker in the bunch, this is one of your finest posts

Tim







Thank you very much Tim! Everytime I put the TC on, I think of you, bitchin at me about it, and I chuckle I appreciate your kind words man!



Mar 16, 2012 at 08:35 PM
1
       2       3              5       6       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3              5       6       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password