Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · Beaver Lake RWBBs
  
 
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


I finally got another set of wheels for my yak. so I went to beaver Lake. It's about .5 miles from the parking lot to the lake, so I haven't been since my last set of wheels disappeared some time ago. I was there when the sun first topped the trees and slowly started illuminating the lake.

1 & 2) Do either of these shots of Beaver Lake work for you? They are similar, just a slight shift of the lens.


IMG_5880 by surfnron, on Flickr


IMG_5882 by surfnron, on Flickr

3) This pair of Buffelheads never let me get close, so I just left them alone. I do like the bg in this shot though.


IMG_5893 by surfnron, on Flickr

4 - 7) 2 different male RWBBs in different poses. Man o man do I wish I hadn't clipped the wings in the second shot.


IMG_5908 by surfnron, on Flickr


IMG_5918 by surfnron, on Flickr


IMG_5931 by surfnron, on Flickr


IMG_5978 by surfnron, on Flickr

Thanx for looking, and as always, C&C appreciated - even from Conrad...

Ron




Mar 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM
David Leask
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Hey Ron,
The lake photos are ok. I'm not ecstatic about them but that's just me. The RWBB shots however, they are excellent! Well done
David



Mar 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


HOT DAMN! That last one ROCKS


Mar 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Charlie Shugart
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Ron- I prefer the first of the lake shots because the foreground is more interesting than the sky.
I would, though, clone out the two branch bits that come in from the left side upper.
I'd also clone out the jet trails because I hate the damn things wherever I see them. They're like footprints in sand dunes. Fie on them all .
Love the redwing shots, especially the last image; he seems to be giving you a piece of his mind. No doubt deservedly so .
Charlie



Mar 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


What a wonderful set.
I like the first lake shot, I think the reeds in the foreground add a lot to the shot.
Love your red wing shots.

Birdie



Mar 16, 2012 at 01:05 AM
kidcharles
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


There's a little group of Buffleheads in Central Park NYC right now and they are shy too, always staying just outside decent range of my 400mm + 1.4 TC. Very frustrating.


Mar 16, 2012 at 01:14 AM
WesN
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Ron,

I prefer #1 over #2, because of the foreground like Charlie said. For the RWBBs the last is my pick. Nice shooting.

Wes N.



Mar 16, 2012 at 01:18 AM
randysc
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Ron, 1st lake shot is my pick of the 2, another vote for the foreground, I like the feel of the Buffy shots and the BG, heck I like all of them, well done!

Randy



Mar 16, 2012 at 01:37 AM
davidearls
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Hey Ron,

You're hitting long balls here, my man. First lake shot touches all the landscape bases (better than the second, I think). Having failed miserably to capture RWBBs this year, I see where the shots I wanted to get ended up. You got 'em. Nice series.



Mar 16, 2012 at 02:40 AM
KCollett
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Nice work on the set Ron. I like landscape #2 best on a first impression. I think I like the "lots of branch" look to the "skimpy branch" look. But I also would prefer that with a bit more foreground.


Mar 16, 2012 at 02:44 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Jude Perera
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Very nice work Ron. The first two are my favorites.


Jude



Mar 16, 2012 at 02:57 AM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


the last one is my favorite Ron


Mar 16, 2012 at 09:31 AM
eyelaser
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Hey Ron, it looks like you had a beautiful day at the lake. There are aspects of each of the first two that compete for me "like". The first has the foreground reeds which immediately draw me in to the water and the second has a more interesting sky which makes me want to look up and see the sun rising. As for the RWBB, sweet images and i know how you feel about the clipped wings but damn you do have some nice ones there. Guess you'll just have to make a return trip eh?
Eric



Mar 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM
morris
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


The lake reminds me of Oakland Lake. 4 and the last are beauties Ron

Morris



Mar 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Desert Drake
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


I enjoyed the series, Ron. Buffies are just naturally shy.
Al



Mar 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


I have odd thoughts on the lake shots Ron. 1 has all the elements but 2 is more pleasing to my eye. I go back and forth and though 1 is technically better 2 gives me a better feel. That ought to mix you up some

Really nice work on the RWBB. You have some lovely blacks there, really nice work. I like the last one the best

Tim



Mar 16, 2012 at 02:15 PM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


David Leask wrote:
Hey Ron,
The lake photos are ok. I'm not ecstatic about them but that's just me. The RWBB shots however, they are excellent! Well done
David


Thanx David. I'm not crazy about the landscapes either, but just wanted to know which comp works best.

Conrad Tan wrote:
HOT DAMN! That last one ROCKS


Thanx Conrad. There were three males in the area, and this was the closest I could get.

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Ron- I prefer the first of the lake shots because the foreground is more interesting than the sky.
I would, though, clone out the two branch bits that come in from the left side upper.
I'd also clone out the jet trails because I hate the damn things wherever I see them. They're like footprints in sand dunes. Fie on them all .
Love the redwing shots, especially the last image; he seems to be giving you a piece of his mind. No doubt deservedly so .
Charlie


Thanx Charlie. I really don't think either landscape is worth spending any time in pp. I was just curious which comp worked. Your suggestions do make sense though.

birdied wrote:
What a wonderful set.
I like the first lake shot, I think the reeds in the foreground add a lot to the shot.
Love your red wing shots.

Birdie


Thanx Birdie. The first landscape is my pick too.

Ron



Mar 16, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


Sounds and looks peaceful there Ron

I like the Buffies and agree the BG is nice, might cut some off the bottom to just above the green line??
Fine job on your RWBB's, such a fun challenging subject and these are set nicely on clean BG's!
That first RWBB shot is sweet and I too wish you hadn't clipped the wings in the second one
Last one is something special, great shot buddy

Karl



Mar 17, 2012 at 03:26 AM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


kidcharles wrote:
There's a little group of Buffleheads in Central Park NYC right now and they are shy too, always staying just outside decent range of my 400mm + 1.4 TC. Very frustrating.


Thanx Charles. They are an infrequent treat for me, but I have yet to get a nice shot.

WesN wrote:
Ron,

I prefer #1 over #2, because of the foreground like Charlie said. For the RWBBs the last is my pick. Nice shooting.

Wes N.


Thanx for the picks Wes.

randysc wrote:
Ron, 1st lake shot is my pick of the 2, another vote for the foreground, I like the feel of the Buffy shots and the BG, heck I like all of them, well done!

Randy


Thanx for your comments Randy.

davidearls wrote:
Hey Ron,

You're hitting long balls here, my man. First lake shot touches all the landscape bases (better than the second, I think). Having failed miserably to capture RWBBs this year, I see where the shots I wanted to get ended up. You got 'em. Nice series.


Thanx David. When I looked at them in post, I knew neither was great, but decided to post them for opinions. I agree, the first is technically better, but that still doesn't make it a great shot. And you can come and borrow my RWBBs any time.

KCollett wrote:
Nice work on the set Ron. I like landscape #2 best on a first impression. I think I like the "lots of branch" look to the "skimpy branch" look. But I also would prefer that with a bit more foreground.


Thanx Ken. The landscapes were shot at 10mm with other branches in the way so I couldn't back up, so I couldn't get more branches and more foreground at the same time.

Jude Perera wrote:
Very nice work Ron. The first two are my favorites.

Jude


Hey Jude - thanx.

Ron



Mar 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM
gsmani
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · Beaver Lake RWBBs


last one is really beautiful Ron


Mar 18, 2012 at 01:38 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password