Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

adrianmayer

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

Hi. My name is Adrian Mayer. A week ago I've bid on ebay and won a Nikon Coolpix L24 for $40.50 and a Nikon Coolpix S6100 for $60.01 both from cametaauctions (Cameta Camera). I have called them right away and I made the payment over the phone with my Credit Card. Total $116.50 including shipping. I have asked how long is going to take to receive the cameras because I'll leave next week for Europe and those items are gifts for my nieces. The guy who took my CC# stated I'll receive the items in 2-3 business days. Today I have checked the status of my order and guess what? The order was cancelled by them stating I agreed with the cancelation, which is a lie. I never did that. That's why I emailed them and I said I never asked or agreed with this cancellation. After I said I want my items they replayed it's their right to cancel the order because I'm a reseller and their policy regarding resellers is very strictly. They also refunded my money on my CC, except a small fee. How comes someone who bought two different digital cameras is tagged as a reseller? Did I buy 100 or 200 of them? Can they prove that I am a reseller? Did they catch me selling cameras on the black market or what? How can I resell items that I never received?
Does Cameta Camera have the right to cancel an order like this or it's an abuse and discrimination? Is it any policy that allows a seller to cancel and not honor an order? I guess tomorrow they will not allow me to step into their store because I have green eyes and lonh hair or something...

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:36 AM
adrianmayer

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

sorry... long hair.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:38 AM
Sirfishalot
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

Adrian,
This is probably not the right forum to post this as you may not get much help from the wildlife & nature shooters here. Perhaps the Forum & Miscellaneous or Buy & Sell.

JayT

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:42 AM
adrianmayer

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

ok, sorry.

Mar 15, 2012 at 04:47 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

...minus a small fee Had a run in with them via eBay several years ago and swore I'd never do business
with 'em again. Online thieves comes to mind probably my own fault however, as I had a beard AND long hair.

On a more positive note...welcome to FM, Adrian!

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
adrianmayer

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

Thanks!
All what I want is a proof from Cameta Camera that there is a policy who says " US buyers are not allowed to buy more than one item/person." If they show me this paragraph, I'll say: "Chapeau!"

Mar 15, 2012 at 01:21 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

I think they may concede that point ..... for a small fee.

Mar 15, 2012 at 01:55 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

Try B&H.

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

adrianmayer

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

What is that?

Mar 16, 2012 at 02:15 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

adrianmayer wrote:
What is that?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Good folks. Give them a try.

Mar 16, 2012 at 02:35 PM
adrianmayer

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

OK, thanks. They are very good. I already ordered a HD camcorder. I 'm not gonna order a photo camera right now, cuz I don't want them to say I'm a reseller.

PS: Can you imagine this!!! Cameta Camera doesn't want to honor my $1.99 order for a camera wrist strap. They say I will resell it... By the way, who wants t buy a wrist strap for $2.01 or two for $4.00?

Mar 16, 2012 at 03:22 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

I'd say it's time to move on and deal with a reliable supplier.

Mar 16, 2012 at 03:41 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

adrianmayer wrote:
Does Cameta Camera have the right to cancel an order like this or it's an abuse and discrimination? Is it any policy that allows a seller to cancel and not honor an order?

Yes, they do have the right to cancel any order they want to. And since this is not yet a totalitarian country, there is no "policy" against sellers canceling orders.

Where would Cameta get the notion that you are a resller?

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM
adrianmayer

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

I don't know where from they got it, but when I called Cameta Camera's Customer Service to ask for combined shipping and make the payment the guy's first guestion was: are you a reseller? No, I said. If I I was a reseller I would buy 100 cameras. I just want to take them over seas as a gift for my nieces. I guess I didn't convince him because he canceled the transaction. Then I've tried to buy at least one camera online, from their webpage even it is more expensive and quess what? The payment went trough, but after a while they figured it out it's the same Credit Card and blocked the order.

By the way, those two photo cameras I won on ebay are refurbished.

Mar 17, 2012 at 01:40 AM
adrianmayer

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

@DanBrown: how about a policy to protect honest buyers? I work for the money I want to spend for those cameras and my money are the same with everybody elses money. I didn't ask to buy illegal stuff or something...
Just two stupid, cheap, digital cameras.

Mar 17, 2012 at 01:44 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Cameta Camera's abuse? I need your help.

adrianmayer wrote:
how about a policy to protect honest buyers?

Protection from what? You weren't harmed. The only downside is that you had to spend some extra time finding another source for your purchase.

Mar 17, 2012 at 03:09 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password