Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

corposant
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

After seeing some shiny cars here, I thought this "classic" would fit in nicely:

Mar 14, 2012 at 02:48 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

Hey - I shot that car about twenty years ago. Hasn't changed that much over the years.

Mar 14, 2012 at 04:15 AM
erikburd
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

I was just there. Where is the car located?

Mar 14, 2012 at 04:19 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

Peter Figen wrote:
Hey - I shot that car about twenty years ago. Hasn't changed that much over the years.

More bullet holes now? Peter - I am going to look you up for a drum scan soon!

Mar 14, 2012 at 04:23 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

erikburd wrote:
I was just there. Where is the car located?

At the old Aguereberry ranch, on the way to the Charcoal Kilns. It's the least visited part of the park, which has some of the most interesting historical locations. You can see the ranch in the distance in #2.

Mar 14, 2012 at 04:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

erikburd
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

Thanks. I haven't been in that area before, but I would love to do so on my next visit.

Mar 14, 2012 at 04:40 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

What I do remember is being snowed on later on that day up above the charcoal kilns. I see you're in L.A., so any time you need a great scan, feel free to look me up. Here's what it looked like when I was there. Best recollection is that I shot this on a Nikon and it was cold. That old cabin in the background was interesting too.

Mar 14, 2012 at 06:07 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

Peter Figen wrote:
What I do remember is being snowed on later on that day up above the charcoal kilns. I see you're in L.A., so any time you need a great scan, feel free to look me up. Here's what it looked like when I was there. Best recollection is that I shot this on a Nikon and it was cold. That old cabin in the background was interesting too.

I was going to post some pictures of the "cabin" in a separate thread - I really liked the kilns, though it's kind of far out of the way.

It's a nice shot, Peter. The photos I posted above are all medium format.

Mar 14, 2012 at 06:56 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Rusted Car, Death Valley

My favorite of yours is the second image. I love the way the car cuts the composition in three distinct shapes. I've spent years shooting in the California desert and love everything from Barstow to Bodie, Death Valley and Salton Sea. I recently revisited an area around Red Mountain where I had shot some old cars in a wash, and found them, but they were no longer image worthy. I'm surprised that this old car has survived as well as it has considering the harsh environment.

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password