Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

mendo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

Just received this monitor from BH. I paid to have it shipped UPS 2nd day to try to minimize any potential damage. It appears to be damaged-- The bevel all along the top is coming loose from the screen and is obviously not attached. It is solidly in place, and attached, on the bottom edge and along the side edges. It appears to be working okay. I was planning on calling BH tomorrow to see about returning this one and getting another. I am looking to get some feedback as to if this situation is normal for the monitor or if it is in fact damaged. It seems as if it should be attached on all sides. What do you think?

Mar 11, 2012 at 07:38 PM
papageno
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

If you have any doubts, return it. Not worth the potential hassle.....

Mar 12, 2012 at 02:52 AM
Keith B.
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

Mine(delivered in mid January) had no loose parts. Return it to B&H...or call NEC; they may be willing to replace it under warranty.

Mar 12, 2012 at 08:37 AM
JJBub
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

I agree. Mine is solidly attached all the way around and I did get mine from B&H as well.

Mar 13, 2012 at 06:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mendo
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

thanks guys. got an RMA from BH today

Mar 13, 2012 at 08:30 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

mendo wrote:
Just received this monitor from BH. I paid to have it shipped UPS 2nd day to try to minimize any potential damage. It appears to be damaged-- The bevel all along the top is coming loose from the screen and is obviously not attached. It is solidly in place, and attached, on the bottom edge and along the side edges. It appears to be working okay. I was planning on calling BH tomorrow to see about returning this one and getting another. I am looking to get some feedback as to if this situation is normal for the monitor or
...Show more

Do you notice any back light bleed? My first PA241 had a loose top bezel and really bad backlight bleed, so bad that when I measured min black level I was well above what any review site had measured.

Mar 14, 2012 at 02:07 AM
mendo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NEC PA271 owners: I need advice: return or keep?

Did not get around to doing a whole lot of measuring after I found the bezel problem. I will check the next one for sure now that you have brought this issue to my attention. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2012 at 02:11 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password