Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

WesN
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

Hello,

I currenlty have LR3, and I'm considering upgrading to LR4, though the issue of not being able to open Nik plugins in LR4 is concerning.

Can both LR4 and LR3 co-exist on the same PC? Windows 7 64 bit if that matters.

Thanks.

Wes N.

Mar 10, 2012 at 02:13 AM
gregoryallen
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

Yes

Mar 10, 2012 at 03:03 AM
WesN
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

Gregory,

Thanks.

Wes N.

Mar 10, 2012 at 03:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gregoryallen
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

Your welcome.

Mar 10, 2012 at 07:11 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

I expect you would have to be careful about setting options such as whether or not to use .xmp files in case both versions of Lr are trying to use the same files. Maybe that is allowable but I would rather keep everything separate - including the actual image files until I'm confident that Lr 4 does not have a special bug that only affects files if the owner's name is "Alan" (or "Wes" in your case). Sometimes I think Microsoft has software like that - it would certainly explain a lot

You'd also be unable to move or rename files in one version of Lr without the other one objecting or having "missing files", unless you kept separate sets of image files for each version.

Running both programs involves a whole lot of duplication of effort. I'd rather just wait until bleeding-edge users have found all of the significant (damaging) bugs.

- Alan

Mar 14, 2012 at 04:13 AM
WesN
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Can LR4 and LR3 co-exist?

Alan,

Running both programs involves a whole lot of duplication of effort. I'd rather just wait until bleeding-edge users have found all of the significant (damaging) bugs.

Thanks for the additional info. Since Adobe has acknowledged the Nik plug-in issue, I'm feeling a little better that they will have a fix for it, and hence I'm now not that concerned with the upgrade to LR4 (though I'll likely wait a month or two).

Wes N.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password