Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Experience going to LR4

ciprian.trofin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Experience going to LR4

I installed Lightroom 4 (trial), and converted my catalog (18000+ RAWs 10MP). I regenerated standard previews. I enabled only library, develop and print modules.

After some moderate use (just occasional 1-2 gradients on image, some brush adjustments), I noticed significant slowdowns (non-responsive sliders, delayed refresh). On most pictures I adjust exposure, brightness, contrast, clarity, saturation and vibrance.

I checked memory usage - 1GB, max. 1.5GB. LR 3.6 was never a speed champ on my machine, but it was much better. Stopping and restarting the program didn't help, restarting the PC helped a little (apparently).

I like 2012 Process Version and workflow, but Adobe needs significant performance improvements.

My configuration: Win7 64bit, 6GB RAM, Intel Core2Duo E8400.

Mar 09, 2012 at 02:37 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Experience going to LR4

you may want to join me in my thread
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1092975

Mar 09, 2012 at 02:44 PM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Experience going to LR4

There was a report from the LR4 public beta that if you took an image that already had edits with PV 2010 and converted it to 2012 and then did more edits, it would slow down. If you dump all the settings on the image and then start a new with PV 2012 the performance seems to be fine. I don't know what the state of that bug is, but its something to try (realizing of course its completely NOT a tenable solution to all the images in your catalog).

Mar 09, 2012 at 04:59 PM
dortizphoto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Experience going to LR4

ciprian.trofin wrote:
I installed Lightroom 4 (trial), and converted my catalog (18000+ RAWs 10MP). I regenerated standard previews. I enabled only library, develop and print modules.

After some moderate use (just occasional 1-2 gradients on image, some brush adjustments), I noticed significant slowdowns (non-responsive sliders, delayed refresh). On most pictures I adjust exposure, brightness, contrast, clarity, saturation and vibrance.

I checked memory usage - 1GB, max. 1.5GB. LR 3.6 was never a speed champ on my machine, but it was much better. Stopping and restarting the program didn't help, restarting the PC helped a little (apparently).

I like 2012 Process Version and workflow, but Adobe
...Show more
I have the same issue, and I'm using an iMac with 8GB RAM and quad processor. I'll stick with my trustworthy v3 of Lightroom.

Cheers!
Dave

Mar 09, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Cphoto1954
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Experience going to LR4

Dumping all my settings on 27K images is not a good option. I'll wait for the final version and then add a month for the fixes which ALWAYS follow.

Mar 09, 2012 at 08:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password