Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

usaftrevor87
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

Thought I would share my first composite I have completed. Wanted something more "Surreal" since mistakes can be covered up easier :-P
But I like the way it turned out. Let me know what you think.

This a composite from 8 or 9 photos...

Composite by trevor M photography, on Flickr

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:42 AM
McDermott
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

I like this a lot, very very creative!!! Well done!

Mike

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:48 AM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #3 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

Looks good, but I think the sky/clouds should be more ominous and buildings could have more contrast. Maybe an overall red-orange tone instead of the cyan-blue tones. I would like to see more people, but maybe he's suppose to be the last one left? Just looks really empty on the road. His shadow is odd too-real soft and overly long it seems.

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

December 22, 2012...

Jefferson

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:51 AM
usaftrevor87
• •
p.1 #5 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

Haha Yea I was debating about the Shadow, Damn IT! You're right there though. I thought it looked too blurred, but then I was like maybe it works. And then I shortened it up and it just didn't look any better. Its hard to tell from the destruction, but it was bright and sunny outside. So I didn't want dark clouds covering the entire sky and the have hard shadows ya know? It just wouldn't make sense.
I also wanted to use all of my own original photos and those clouds worked best. All the photos are mine except the insides of the buildings were photos borrowed and were actually pictures of building ruins in Israel.

December 22 2012 is right!
Christmas Day 2012 - Post Nuclear Holocaust

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:59 AM
Michael H
• • • •
p.1 #6 · First Composite Ever!! Apocalyptic

Good job on the composite! This is something I've wanted to explore much more than I have to this point. One of these days.

Overall I like this, but...

I agree with the shadow comments. Not sure what the right answer is. As it is, there is this hard, dividing line drawn by it. Maybe a less opaque shadow?

The part I'm seeing is the balance of the comp. As it is now, to me it's all a little loose and I don't quite connect. However, when I scroll the window to cut off the bottom 1/5 or so of the frame placing your main subject much closer to a traditional rule of thirds intersection it becomes much stronger. To me a tighter comp gives a stronger sense of connection which better matches the scene.

Like I said above though, well done especially as a first attempt.

Mar 08, 2012 at 08:19 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password