Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Phottix Stratto II transmitter can't trigger odin receiver!

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Phottix Stratto II transmitter can't trigger odin receiver!

Just got my phottix strato ii canon transmitter. I already have the odin and have been using it for a couple of months.

The strato ii transmitter DOESN'T TRIGGER THE PHOTTIX ODIN RECEIVER!

I thought the whole point was that they were compatible other than ETTL? I was planning on using the stratto transmitter to trigger the flash to take meter readings.

From the website:

Quote:
"Compatible with the Phottix Strato series
The Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Canon is compatible with with Phottix Strato 4-in1 and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Wireless Triggers."

Mar 07, 2012 at 11:58 PM
400d
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Phottix Stratto II transmitter can't trigger odin receiver!

If you read p.5 of Odin's manual:
The Phottix Odin offers compatibility with Phottix Strato and Phottix Strato II Multi receivers. The Odin TCU will trigger Strato receivers but will not transmit TTL or power control data. Strato series receivers will work as they previously did: With fl ashes set in Manual Mode.

It doesn't say the Strato II transmitter is capable of triggering Odin's receiver.

Mar 09, 2012 at 01:29 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Phottix Stratto II transmitter can't trigger odin receiver!

yes if you read the quote from their website I posted in the original posting you see that it's not stated very clearly. Knowing what I know now, I can interpret it as you describe in the odin manual but the way it's stated is very unclear.

A simple compatibility matrix would solve the ambiguity.

Mar 09, 2012 at 02:08 PM
400d
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Phottix Stratto II transmitter can't trigger odin receiver!

jzucker wrote:
yes if you read the quote from their website I posted in the original posting you see that it's not stated very clearly. Knowing what I know now, I can interpret it as you describe in the odin manual but the way it's stated is very unclear.

A simple compatibility matrix would solve the ambiguity.

I understand, they are not native English speakers so..
I am planning to buy the Odin too, but I was only thinking to use the Strato II transmitter for the Strato II receivers in case the Odin TCU failed.

Mar 09, 2012 at 05:34 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Phottix Stratto II transmitter can't trigger odin receiver!

What I decided to do was buy a couple strato ii receivers and go completely strato and sell the odin since i'm shooting almost exclusively in manual mode. Let me know if you want to buy a used Odin!

Mar 09, 2012 at 06:06 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password