New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Nothing to do with Nikon

robertVphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nothing to do with Nikon

I am trying to get the word out about this. I know it's not about photography. But take a few min to check it out.

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Kony 2012

Mar 07, 2012 at 06:43 AM
Taoguy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nothing to do with Nikon

Thank you Bobby for posting this. Certainly a cause I can support and needs everyone's support.

Gerard

Mar 07, 2012 at 09:17 AM
Chestnut
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nothing to do with Nikon

+1
Thanks for sharing.

Mar 07, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nothing to do with Nikon

this has been all over my social media so I watched it... powerful stuff. my kit is on the way.

Mar 07, 2012 at 10:16 AM
justindong
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nothing to do with Nikon

not to be a downer because the cause is definitely a great one, but I think this is worth a read too: http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/

Mar 07, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Taoguy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nothing to do with Nikon

justindong

p.1 #5 · Nothing to do with Nikon

not to be a downer because the cause is definitely a great one, but I think this is worth a read too: http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/

I've had some experience working in several countries in south Africa. This post appears to be old and much of it is correct. The thing to remember is sometimes just keeping an issue in the news or in the public can help.
The article speaks of the negative results from foreign aid, I have seen it, it is true, but it is also true in our country.
My experience in Africa were efforts aimed at self reliance and building independence. Our success rate was probably less than 10% of the people we came into contact with. The question we asked ourselves was, What would have been our success rate had we done nothing? The cultural difference is much more than most of us from the west will ever understand.

There are organizations that seek to help our pets, save the whales, save the polar bears and save our forests. I think an attempt to save a human life should have at least equal or higher attention?

Gerard

Mar 07, 2012 at 10:40 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.