Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Travel equipment advise needed

fingerlessfred

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Travel equipment advise needed

Im taking my wife and 2 7 year olds to Japan at the end of the month. Normally I travel alone, and carry my nikond7000 with me. With the wife, kids and 3 flights, and hours of travel, I think I will be carrying a lot more crap. My question is... Should I shoulder bag the dslr, along with another backpack. Or should I just add it to the luggage and hope it travels well. This is possibly the last trip to my grandmothers house- so I plan to shoot every nook and cranny of the property, so I gotta bring the camera. Not bringing it isn't an option....

Thanks on advance for the time.

Mar 06, 2012 at 06:25 AM
astv99
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Travel equipment advise needed

Chances of damage and/or theft go up pretty high when you put anything electronic into checked baggage - you should put a camera into carry-on bags only. (TSA randomly opens checked bags which is how theft can occur - and they definitely don't handle bags carefully either.)

Mar 06, 2012 at 07:21 AM
Felix_deLarge

p.1 #3 · Travel equipment advise needed

What about a camera backpack? I just bought a Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW Backpack, which carries my Canon 600D w/15-85mm, 90mm, 50mm, caps, spare battery, brush, cloth, cards etc... that takes up half.

I'm planning on taking this to NZ in a few weeks, along with some AA batteries, my Speedlite and monopod strapped on.

Felix

Mar 06, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Travel equipment advise needed

I had the Lowepro Vertex 100 AW Camera/Laptop Backpack as my personal bag that fit under the seat. I had 2 bodies, 4 lenses, TC, extension tubes, chargers, external hard drive, and laptop in it. My backup HD went in my photo vest I always wore.

That meant I could have a carrry-on with clothes. My tripod (broken down) and other items went into a hard case checked baggage.

Mar 08, 2012 at 02:57 PM
fingerlessfred

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Travel equipment advise needed

Thanks everyone- I ended up getting the perfect back[pack from this site. Got a compu-rover.
Thanks for the help!!

Mar 20, 2012 at 06:14 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password