Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Trying Food Photography

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trying Food Photography

Made these Stuffed Bell Peppers last night and thought I'd take some shots. Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Greg

Edit: Added a different shot with a little different processing...

Stuffed Bell Peppers

NIKON D7000    50.0 mm f/1.4 lens    50mm    f/11.0    1/60s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D7000    50.0 mm f/1.4 lens    50mm    f/11.0    1/80s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 06, 2012 at 01:56 AM
peterindb

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trying Food Photography

Hmmmm....One's from today's dinner and one's from a 1950's cookbook.

Color and sharpness are great. My personal preference is for some OOF table settings in the background, or even some softness on part of the dish itself. Everything's in focus here, but if one looks at cookbook photos, that's more the exception than the rule.

Mar 06, 2012 at 04:33 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trying Food Photography

peterindb wrote:
Hmmmm....One's from today's dinner and one's from a 1950's cookbook.

Color and sharpness are great. My personal preference is for some OOF table settings in the background, or even some softness on part of the dish itself. Everything's in focus here, but if one looks at cookbook photos, that's more the exception than the rule.

Thanks for the feedback. Most of the better blogs and magazines I've looked at tend to strive for full focus on the dishes they shoot, so that's what I was thinking when I shot this. I do understand that there is usually some background elements that will usually be oof, but I just don't have the props for that yet! I would have preferred natural light and a more rustic setting, but I had to go with what I have!

Greg

Mar 06, 2012 at 04:54 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password