Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Red Colobus Monkey

iyuphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Red Colobus Monkey

In August 2010, my wife and I visited a national park in Zanzibar, Africa called Jozani Forest. This forest is best known for its Red Colobus Monkeys. These monkeys are only found on the island of Zanzibar.

Our tour guide took us into the forest and brought us to where these monkeys were having their morning breakfast. It was amazing seeing these monkeys in their natural habitat and yet they were only an arm's length away.

Your critique of this photo would be much appreciated. Thank you!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyuphoto/6912582615/in/photostream/lightbox/

Mar 05, 2012 at 04:45 AM
silvawispa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Red Colobus Monkey

Welcome to the forum

We're all very hard of clicking on this site, embed the photo on the post and you'll get a much better response, although over here on c&c it can be a bit slow...

I've taken the liberty of posting the image for you, here it is, and rather nice too

For me I'd have chosen a wider depth of field if possible and if not put the focus point slightly further back so that the edge of the profile and the eyes were definitely in focus. As lovely as the crisp hairs are, they aren't as interesting a a face. Here, the ideal, for me, would be to have the full width of the face in focus.

Mar 05, 2012 at 11:05 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Red Colobus Monkey

Nice mug!
I agree with Paul's technical suggestion.
I really like the pose and placement within the frame.
Excellent job preserving the details in the whites.

Also, as Paul commented, many of us dont take the time to follow links. I dont usually. Just too much to see without the extra steps. Search around on FM for instructions on posting and you will find out how to imbed your image. You will get more views and more feedback.

And......Welcome!!
Scott

Mar 06, 2012 at 01:27 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Red Colobus Monkey

I agree with Paul's and Scott's comments. Inquisitive look, curious about what happened to be the attraction?

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful trip, more images to share with the forum?

And welcome aboard, lots to learn, see, and enjoy at FM.

Regards,

Bob

Mar 06, 2012 at 01:36 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Red Colobus Monkey

Hard to comment on individual images when they all have the same name. Also, when we must chase a link, fewer folks comment.

Mar 06, 2012 at 02:25 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password