Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Some love for the Tamron 300 2.8 60B IF lens

Lethal_weapon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Some love for the Tamron 300 2.8 60B IF lens

Picked up a very experienced (code for old and looks like it went through a war) copy of the Tamron 300 2.8 IF lens off Flea bay.
Got it on a best offer price so I was excited to get it and see what it could do
It was a tamron adaptall mount (which I thought was weird as I did not know Tamron made cameras..) and the seller he said he had a nikon adapter and 1.6 TC with it.
Me ,being the idiot camera buy and seller I am, sold my nikon D300 before it came in so I had to wait for a Tamron Canon adapter to come to play with it...
So, it came in this very cool leather case with the lens mounted nicely in it and 3 filters.
Finally the rain stopped here so I took it out for a few shots after work
Its supposed to have AF confirm but I did not bother and used live view on the 1D MKIV and did some shots.
I used a kenko 1.4TC and tried my Canon 2X V2 TC as well and they both worked pretty well.
Shot manual and the aperature is controlled by the lens.
Here are some shots with the 2X and the 1.4
Purple fringing was very evident on the Blackbird as it was a over cast day but I was pleased with the results
Anyone know what kind of ducks those are? Never seen them before and will have to go back with the Sigmonster to get better shots tomorrow if the weather holds out!

Using Canon 2X TC

Using Kenko 1.4

Canon 2X TC

Mar 02, 2012 at 06:20 AM
dcad10
• •
p.1 #2 · Some love for the Tamron 300 2.8 60B IF lens

If you didnt, make sure to stop down an extra stop with the teleconverters and you should see a little extra improvement in quality.

Also, I have a copy of the original non-IF adaptall 300/2.8 and it is a gem. Glad you are enjoying yours!

Mar 02, 2012 at 06:52 AM
Alf Beharie
• • •
p.1 #3 · Some love for the Tamron 300 2.8 60B IF lens

Hi, I have a 60B too. Does your have the clear filter in place in the slide out rear filter holder? Apparently its supposed to work better with the clear filter in than if there is no filter in the holder at all.
If your going to use a TC on it, make sure its a Tamron SP model with an Adaptall mount because no other TC's will work quite as well or produce so little CA. There is an extended length Tamron SP TC that is optomised for use on the 60B but its an extremely rare beast. Luckily, the standard and much easier to find Tamron SP 2X BBAR TC will work almost as well.
BTW, the Duck is a Canvasback...You can find a photo of it by scrolling about half way down the page on this Duck hunting site:
http://www.misshomemade.com/huntingducks.html

Mar 03, 2012 at 03:19 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password