Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Counterfeit/Fake Hoya Filters?

ryanyoderphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Counterfeit/Fake Hoya Filters?

I buy a lot of stuff on eBay and sometimes buy knock-off product direct from China. Usually it's batteries, cases, stands, chargers, etc. I bought a dual camera strap for $18 that's basically a Black Rapid knockoff that I actually like a lot. But none of these items were claiming to be the real thing, so I knew I was getting knock-offs and was okay with that.

What do you all think of this? Do you think they are fakes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280835307985#ht_4397wt_952

Mar 02, 2012 at 02:31 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Counterfeit/Fake Hoya Filters?

Don't know that seller, but if you're looking for filters, check out eBay's "besteastern" or www.maxsaver.net. Based in HK with genuine products and a good reputation here on FM. Shipping takes a week to 10 days.

Mar 02, 2012 at 03:20 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Counterfeit/Fake Hoya Filters?

Regardless, not sure I'd want THAT filter on any of my lenses. UV's serve no purpose with digital sensors,
if you wish to protect the front element go with a Marumi DHG Super Lens Protect.

Mar 02, 2012 at 03:48 PM
ryanyoderphoto

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Counterfeit/Fake Hoya Filters?

Thanks for the tip, dcains! Looks like they have them for basically the same price.

trenchmonkey, I'm shooting film... just kidding. Yes, I know UV doesn't add any benefit over clear for digital, but I was looking for something inexpensive - this seemed to be the way to go. I want to get a nice film camera for fun eventually though, so this could help some.

Of course I'd rather run without a filter, but I would prefer to protect the front element when I can, from a filter, hood, or both. Plus, who has time to mess with lens caps before throwing something into your bag or changing lenses?? I sure don't.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Mar 02, 2012 at 05:31 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Counterfeit/Fake Hoya Filters?

If you buy from B&H or another legit store, then there is little to be concerned about.

EBH

Mar 04, 2012 at 02:35 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password