New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CS4 vs Mac OSX Lion

PhillipAnthony
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CS4 vs Mac OSX Lion

Does anyone know if CS4 with launch with Lion?

I want to upgrade from SL to Lion, but do not really want to upgrade CS4.

All comments or suggestions are most welcome.

Feb 29, 2012 at 03:17 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CS4 vs Mac OSX Lion

I was visiting the Adobe site recently for a different purpose but thought I'd go back and research your question. Here is a link that might be useful for you. I recently migrated from Snow Leopard to Lion but I'm using CS 5. No problems there. It appears CS 4 will "launch" but there appear to be some minor problems.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html

Good luck. Frankly, I wasn't planning on upgrading, but I bought a new iMac and it came loaded with Lion so migration was the only path...

Feb 29, 2012 at 05:23 PM
PhillipAnthony
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CS4 vs Mac OSX Lion

Thank you, sir!

I will take a look at the info at the end of that link and see what comes up. I have a feeling that CS4 should work with Lion - and have read as much on the 'net, but my mileage may vary, as they say.

I sincerely appreciate the help.

Enjoy your new iMac.

Feb 29, 2012 at 05:36 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CS4 vs Mac OSX Lion

Your welcome... I've been using Mac computers for twenty years and moved to the 27" iMac from a Mac Pro with a 23" Apple Cinema Display. I love the added real estate with this monitor, but it was painful giving up four internal drive bays in favor of one internal and three additional firewire cases. But the migration proved to be quite simple and once I sorted out all the wires I was happy. Now I need to find a new home for my Mac Pro and ACD.

As my profile states, I'm a Mac Addict...

Feb 29, 2012 at 09:30 PM
PhillipAnthony
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CS4 vs Mac OSX Lion

Like you, I've been 'a Mac' since the days of the Apple II. Today I use a 24" iMac and have enjoyed it since I purchased it a few years back. The massive 'real estate' is a pleasure. I also have a 17" Mac Book Pro but hate using it when we travel due to the small screen. The larger screens really spoil a person once you use them.

If you have a chance, please take a look at my website. I would like to have some feedback on it. It should be available in my profile. If not, here it is:

http://www.doggonegoodapps.com/

Best of luck finding a good home for your Mac Pro and its display. I'm sure someone would love to own it.

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.