Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Landscape B/W

Oregon Gal
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Landscape B/W

Here is a landscape version of Mt. Shasta. Unfortunately light was fading rapidly and only managed to get a handful of shots. Lost the reflection of the mountain in this version and I am not sure if the duck in the water should be removed or if it should be left. Thanks for any input and suggestions in advance. Barbara

Oregon Gal 2012

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Landscape B/W

I prefer this version, but a touch softer.

Duck? I don't see no duck

Bob

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Landscape B/W

Nice shot but n the middle ground and reflections the shadows are compressed to a degree that looks unnatural. The tonal values go from highlights, mid-tones to pitch black. I also like it crop as more of a panoramic...

Feb 29, 2012 at 01:16 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #4 · Landscape B/W

Bob, yes the duck is there but he's tough to see.

Chuck, I will raise the shadows so they are not blocked up. I was struggling between to much / not enough contrast. I did think about cropping it more panorama like. I like your version. Thank you, Barbara

Feb 29, 2012 at 05:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Landscape B/W

Barbara, I think removing the duck and its wake would be a good idea, I don't mind the duck and wake there but your mentioning it I thought I would show you what I think looks good and I hope you don't mind me showing your photo and after you have seen it let me know and then I will delete it from my site sense I upload my photo's from my site instead of the forums site, I used content aware to get ride of the wake and duck, and then I used topaz to give it a touch of softness, hope this helps. I will delete the picture as soon as you post a response to this.

Norm

Mar 02, 2012 at 01:20 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #6 · Landscape B/W

Norm, thank you for your interpretation of the image. I don't mind you doing a re-work and taking the time to remove the duck and wake. I haven't removed them from image but I did a complete re-work on this, softened the overal image a bit per Bob's suggestion and retrieved detail in the shadows per Chuck's suggestion from the mid ground. I didn't post the re-work though. Appreciate you taking the time, Barbara

Mar 02, 2012 at 01:31 AM
Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Landscape B/W

Your welcome, I will delete it then, your photo is very nice, make a nice painting.

Norm

Mar 02, 2012 at 02:29 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password