Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gymnastics T&I

cracejy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Gymnastics T&I

Hey strangers....been years since I posted!

Anyway I have been shooting a ton of dance T&I and have the opportunity to shoot T&I's for a gymnastics gym. I have shot gymnastics in the past but never T&I....any suggestions on poses would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 28, 2012 at 05:05 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Gymnastics T&I

Hey Jeff. Long time, no post. Hope all is well.

PM BlueReptile, Geoff Bolte, Billy Hurst, luketrot... all good resources and if you look within the first three pages, BlueReptile (John Cheng) just posted some fantastic shots in studio with his rhythmic gymnasts against a white seamless.

Also, if you're on FB, search TeamPhoto. That's John's business site and he has a ton of gymnastics stuff on there as well. Be sure to hit the "Like" button first though. ;-)

Feb 28, 2012 at 07:04 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #3 · Gymnastics T&I

From what I have learned from shooting T&I with John is the compulsory gymnasts ie level 2-6 have them do their start pose or ending pose on the floor. Sometimes a move from in the middle or something on the beam if you have a training beam at your disposal.

For optional levels 7-10/prep-op have them do a favorite move. Just something thing where you can see their face.

As Paul stated check out the Team Photo FB page as John posts a lot of great T&I shots on there as well as some behind the scenes.

Feb 28, 2012 at 08:31 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Gymnastics T&I

Jeff... are you still working with Jody?

Feb 28, 2012 at 08:33 PM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #5 · Gymnastics T&I

I 2nd what Geoffrey said. I just completed a T&I at a studio here locally and the girls Level 6 and under we had them do a modified version of their "salute". The optionals we let them choose a particular pose from their floor or beam routine that would work well in a vertical shot (had to fit in the memory mate vertically). Most of them did something like a scorpion or a scale, etc. although some of them wanted to do the modified salute pose as well. I did allow some of them to do poses that required a horizontal shot, but they ordered packages without memory mates or just ordered that pose seperately. I just need to break down and design my memory mates for cheer and dance to have a horizontal and vertical version available for the individual photo. I'll find a sample from the shoot and post for you to see. Best of luck with your shoot. I will say that my buy rate (95%) and average order ($43.50)for this particular gym had me wishing I could shoot gymnastics T&I's year round!

Mar 02, 2012 at 04:56 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

madmat
• •
p.1 #6 · Gymnastics T&I

WOW! Nice job Billy! At $43.50 per order, you need to find call on every gym that you can get to and show them your work!

Mar 02, 2012 at 05:02 AM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #7 · Gymnastics T&I

A couple samples from my last gymnastics T&I shoot. Hope this helps.

Here is the Memory Mate with the modified salute pose I was speaking of.

A great seller at the gym was our line of "Just Like A Girl" posters.

Mar 02, 2012 at 05:03 AM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #8 · Gymnastics T&I

Matt,
I am going to make it a priority for my wife to do just that this year. Beats the hell out of 60% buy rates and $13 averages for soccer anyday!

Mar 02, 2012 at 05:05 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Gymnastics T&I

What happened to Jeff?

Mar 02, 2012 at 05:13 AM
cracejy
• • •
p.1 #10 · Gymnastics T&I

Ok I have risen from the dead.... sorry thanks for all the feedback the shoot is coming up this fall so I'm just circling back. Thanks for the samples and the suggestions. I guess the last professional (mom who's friend had a nice camera) did a horrible job...imagine that. So the owners tracked me down and said...your taking our photos next year! When I told them I would be in London they said we'll work around your schedule... Should be good money from what I have been told they have a large enrollment and great program..anyone heard of SCEGA? alot of full ride gymnasts.

Paul...No Jody moved on...personal stuff....etc

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:27 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password