Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Ricoh R1 focusing problems (Contax T2?)

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Ricoh R1 focusing problems (Contax T2?)

My girlfriend has used this for around 3 years now and it's been pretty good. With some good film in it I've been really impressed with the results from this little camera. Over the last few months she's been getting more OOF images than she used to, and her last roll was completely OOF AFAIK. What was most alarming was that a set of these were in complete daylight, in the open, and nothing was in focus. I've only seen photos of the prints (mobile-to-mobile uploads), but looks like it's at MFD.

Anyone have any experience with this? Would hate to just have to throw it as it's given us so many good prints

I've looked at alternatives, but there don't really seem to be any that are this compact, light, inexpensive, metal body, decent lens. The 30mm-24mm switch isn't available with any other camera AFAIK, but we could accept that loss if it ticks all the other boxes.

Edited on Mar 01, 2012 at 07:15 PM · View previous versions

Feb 28, 2012 at 04:58 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Ricoh R1 focusing problems (Contax T2?)

Can anyone compare the size of the Ricoh R1 to the Contax T2?

Mar 01, 2012 at 02:26 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Ricoh R1 focusing problems (Contax T2?)

The Ricoh GR1S or preferably GR1V are very nice cameras. I have had both and I was very pleased with them. They are fixed 28mm though.

Mar 01, 2012 at 05:23 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Ricoh R1 focusing problems (Contax T2?)

Thanks, I have looked at those for myself once before, but I think 28mm would be too wide for her. But definately worth a thought if they're a similar size... Do they have manual ISO?

Mar 01, 2012 at 07:15 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password