Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Shipping to Canada from USA

Ramman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Shipping to Canada from USA

Besides the additional costs are there any concerns in shipping a camera to Canada??Am I covered by PayPal etc?

Feb 28, 2012 at 03:23 PM
jbailey930

p.1 #2 · Shipping to Canada from USA

You have to fill out a customs form for the merchandise. This means stating a value and description of contents. You don't get tracking information even when you get a USPS tracking number. Once it gets to Canadian Post, it seems to slow down on the delivery side. Check with your buyer on their experience, preference, etc. I've recenlty bought and sold with members from Canada. A medium size parcel shipped Express and insured for $1000 cost me $48. Good luck and insure!

Mar 01, 2012 at 06:49 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Shipping to Canada from USA

jbailey930 wrote:
You have to fill out a customs form for the merchandise. This means stating a value and description of contents. You don't get tracking information even when you get a USPS tracking number. Once it gets to Canadian Post, it seems to slow down on the delivery side. Check with your buyer on their experience, preference, etc. I've recenlty bought and sold with members from Canada. A medium size parcel shipped Express and insured for $1000 cost me $48. Good luck and insure!

Tracking numbers work the same way in Canada as in the USA... and a tracking number is definitely recommended if PayPal is involved in the transaction.

Your PayPal seller protection works the same whether the buyer is in the USA or Canada - in order for you to be protected you have to ship to a verified address only, and PayPal specifies that you need to ship using a trackable or traceable service (and insurance is always a good idea, for your own protection).

Mar 03, 2012 at 04:35 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Shipping to Canada from USA

The number on the customs form in the USA when using USPS priority is the tracking number. You can put this number in the canadapost website and get tracking. The number usually starts with CA, CV, CX ECT....when it crosses the border, customs charges the taxes on the declared value.

When UPS ground services are used, the broker is UPS and usually charges ridiculous brokerage. This is why ups ground services should be avoided. However, ups xpress or saver services have the brokerage included inthe shipping costs, so all you pay are the taxes...

Mar 03, 2012 at 11:23 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password