Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

smallrewards
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

Hey, so I was planning to introduce our pregnancy to friends and family via a couple of shots of the pregnancy strip on facebook. I have a couple shots I wanted to get your opinions on-most are already crops, so hopefully they were not bad crops!

And also ideas, its kind of silly, but if you have an idea I wouldnt mind trying it! It has probably been done a million times before, but I still want it to look good!

First

A Vs B autocorrect button on jpeg

A

aDSC04155 (1) by bmglen, on Flickr

B

aDSC04155 (2) by bmglen, on Flickr

16X9 crop

aDSC04158 (2) by bmglen, on Flickr

C Vs D, again, just autocorrect the OOF Jpeg

C

aDSC04160 (1) by bmglen, on Flickr

D

aDSC04160 (2) by bmglen, on Flickr

E Vs F 3X1 crop and then autocorrect the jpeg

E

aDSC04158 (1) by bmglen, on Flickr

F

aDSC04158 (3)auto by bmglen, on Flickr

Feb 26, 2012 at 05:28 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

Two very different approaches.

In the first approach, I'd suggest a re-shoot with the plus sign being the skinny DOF in focus area.

In the second one, I like the first shot ... except, it came across to me as a blue vertical line ... not a plus sign. I was confused by what a blue vertical line meant.

If you can PP the PLUS sign so that it is all blue ... and clone out the smaller vertical blue line ... I think your message will be much more clear to the viewer. I also burned in the "pregnant" text while lightening the "not pregnant" ... just to help the viewer even more as you are trying to convey your message.

Congrats !!!

Feb 26, 2012 at 06:32 PM
smallrewards
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

Thats a fantastic job. Unfortunately I dont have that type of technology. SO I can probably cheapo edit out the straight blue line (a function to verify the test actually took place) but I will have to see how it .

Will reshoot the first one.

Feb 27, 2012 at 01:31 AM
truonun

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

I like the first shot more than the second. I think the "plus" sign should be sharper though.

Feb 27, 2012 at 02:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

smallrewards
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

Thoughs?

Reshoot:

aaDSC04331 (2) by bmglen, on Flickr

Edit in microsoft paint:

aaDSC04158 (2) by bmglen, on Flickr

Feb 27, 2012 at 05:01 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

I say go with the paint edit.

It's a much easier story for the viewer to figure out, imo. Not as "artsy creative" ... but you've got a message to tell the world, make it easy for them to correctly understand.

Feb 27, 2012 at 05:16 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

In terms of concept it strikes me as being rather cold and clinical, like sending a patient their lab results in a plain white envelope in a business like way rather than giving them a hug then telling them, "good news we are having a baby and couldn't be happier".

What I'd suggest is setting up the same shot of the tester on a table in the foreground, but then put you and the wife hugging or giving each other a high-five in the background. You might even include the box for the test in the foreground to add another element to the story line of the photo.

This example I have on-line is similar to what I'm suggesting. I took it to show an expectant Dad how to light a maternity shot without the wife's belly looking like a blimp, suggesting that he put himself in the OOF background like the chickens in this shot admiring their work for added interest.

With you in the shot in some way it will be more personal and evoke a stronger emotional reaction than what looks like a product shot in an ad.

Feb 27, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pregnancy test strip shots and ideas

I prefer the first shot. But I would like to see the word Pregnent and the cross more in focus. Maybe if you could shoot it from the opposite angle, both would be closer to the same plane and you might be able to get them both sharp enough.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password