Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Few more Paris shots :)

absolutic
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Few more Paris shots :)

Saw some Paris shots here, and decided to post some I took in October of 2010. My wife took me for my Birthday. PP may not be to everyone's liking though...

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:23 AM
NCam
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Few more Paris shots :)

#1 -- This shot would look super classy as a black and white with some boosted contrast
#2 -- Seems crooked and kind of flat. Maybe tone down the saturation and boost the contrast again
#3 -- HDR? A little over done. The object of HDR is create a dramatic, yet still realistic looking picture. This is a bit unrealistic looking...and very noisy too (a result of the over done HDR)
#4 -- Don't really care for this one too much
#5 -- Very cool. The HDR works here -- makes for a picturesque scene (pardon the pun)
#6/#7 -- I like these, nice job
#8 - -Classic, maybe even over done, but good nonetheless
#9 -- Not sure, myself
#10 -- Seems crooked, but has lots of potential
#11 -- Kind of boring

Hope that helps! Might sound a little harsh, but most of these pictures have a lot of potential. Some more processing (or lack thereof) will turn up some great shots!

Keep it up!
-Nick

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:37 AM
absolutic
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Few more Paris shots :)

NCam wrote:
#1 -- This shot would look super classy as a black and white with some boosted contrast
#2 -- Seems crooked and kind of flat. Maybe tone down the saturation and boost the contrast again
#3 -- HDR? A little over done. The object of HDR is create a dramatic, yet still realistic looking picture. This is a bit unrealistic looking...and very noisy too (a result of the over done HDR)
#4 -- Don't really care for this one too much
#5 -- Very cool. The HDR works here -- makes for a picturesque scene (pardon the pun)
#6/#7 -- I like these, nice job
...Show more

Thanks for taking your time, to go over all of these...

as I stated, processing might not be to everyone's liking... many are overcooked, yes, and may not realistic in a true sense of photography. I hope I am not offending anyone though

Re: HDR, I am not a believer in true by-the-book HDR, to me HDR is... essentially various ways of stretching the dynamic range....

I am glad you liked Photo Number 5 - it is actually blown to poster size and is hanging in my bedroom, like a window to Paris. This was essentially our view from the hotel in Paris.

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:47 AM
NCam
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Few more Paris shots :)

absolutic wrote:
Thanks for taking your time, to go over all of these...

as I stated, processing might not be to everyone's liking... many are overcooked, yes, and may not realistic in a true sense of photography. I hope I am not offending anyone though

Re: HDR, I am not a believer in true by-the-book HDR, to me HDR is... essentially various ways of stretching the dynamic range....

My pleasure My comments are my sheer opinions, nothing more. I still enjoyed looking through the pictures. You have sparked a desire to visit Paris in me haha

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:50 AM
absolutic
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Few more Paris shots :)

My pleasure My comments are my sheer opinions, nothing more. I still enjoyed looking through the pictures. You have sparked a desire to visit Paris in me haha

Paris or South of France (I posted a few photos here as well) - my wife is always ready to go, just say the word "Paris" and she gets very vocal

Feb 26, 2012 at 04:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nburwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Few more Paris shots :)

I'm not a big fan of the HDR images themselves, but the series as a whole is very nice. I have never been to Paris, so you did a well good job at presenting the city itself in still photography.

Not everyone is a HDR fan, but I will say that photo #2 is very well executed. I like the depth the image portrays, along with being above the buildings, and capturing the essence of the Eiffel Tower. Well done.

-Nick

Feb 27, 2012 at 07:36 PM
absolutic
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Few more Paris shots :)

Thank you very much, Paris is great city for photography, one of the best. If you ever get a chance, GO!

Feb 27, 2012 at 07:51 PM
MotorCityJim
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Few more Paris shots :)

My wife and I were there for two days, back in Fall, 2010...it was magnificent!
and, as you stated, 'a great city for photography'

That said, since you were in Paris, not, Pisa, Italy, the Eiffel Tower should not be leaning!

Jim K.

Feb 28, 2012 at 03:47 AM
absolutic
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Few more Paris shots :)

Feb 28, 2012 at 05:01 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password