Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · % of mobile views on your site.

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · % of mobile views on your site.

I see mine is around 10-12%, from my old site. Some have spoken about perhaps how unimportant it is to have a mobile friendly site/version, so just wondering how many hits (%) people get per month?

Feb 25, 2012 at 06:57 AM
louloulou
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · % of mobile views on your site.

i've forgotten my cpanel password and user name so I can't check!

However, I'll assume that anyone with an i thing can't use it to access my site as mine is flash (went from HTML to flash) and I'm not going to change it to be compatible with some i thing so that people can check my site on their teeny weeny phones.

Feb 25, 2012 at 08:13 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · % of mobile views on your site.

I guess if you're that successful, you don't have to care about immediately pushing potential customers away? I admit, a nice place to be in many ways, congrats.

Feb 25, 2012 at 08:16 AM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · % of mobile views on your site.

5.2% in the past year

7.2% in the past month

Feb 25, 2012 at 08:47 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · % of mobile views on your site.

I have 40% of my traffic from mobile phones

Feb 25, 2012 at 09:03 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · % of mobile views on your site.

13% over the past year.

Feb 25, 2012 at 09:36 AM
Mike Mahoney
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · % of mobile views on your site.

ricardovaste wrote:
I see mine is around 10-12%, from my old site. Some have spoken about perhaps how unimportant it is to have a mobile friendly site/version, so just wondering how many hits (%) people get per month?

It's increasing which is why I'm upgrading to version 4 ProPhoto .. my mobile visitors have been about 15% recently, which is a significant number and will probably continue to increase.

Feb 25, 2012 at 09:52 AM
bagochips
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · % of mobile views on your site.

About 18% now. About 4% same period a year ago.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · % of mobile views on your site.

hardlyboring wrote:
I have 40% of my traffic from mobile phones

Wow! Seems high(er than average). Any idea why? (just out of interest)
Mike Mahoney wrote:
It's increasing which is why I'm upgrading to version 4 ProPhoto .. my mobile visitors have been about 15% recently, which is a significant number and will probably continue to increase.

I just switched as well. I'll be interested to see if the page views/bouce rate improves now, as in honesty the mobile version with my previous site was awful.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · % of mobile views on your site.

i have no idea...just what my analytics thing says...
I may be reading it wrong though...

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · % of mobile views on your site.

louloulou wrote:
i've forgotten my cpanel password and user name so I can't check!

However, I'll assume that anyone with an i thing can't use it to access my site as mine is flash (went from HTML to flash) and I'm not going to change it to be compatible with some i thing so that people can check my site on their teeny weeny phones.

An iPad is an "iThing" - about 50% of my clients own one........ that's not a "teeny weeny phone"

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · % of mobile views on your site.

@Chris: I agree, I find around 50% do as well.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · % of mobile views on your site.

It's the reason I've spent 2 days tearing out hair out trying to learn wordpress!!

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · % of mobile views on your site.

Last month ~10% of visits were mobile users.

About a year ago, before I had a mobile-friendly anything besides the blog, it was like 3%.

My traffic isn't setting any records either though, so not a very big sample size.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · % of mobile views on your site.

Very little yet, more than 5% or so but I believe in these devices as an important source of visits in the future so I will have not keep on developing my mobile Site.

I dont condiser Ipad a mobile device as it is big enough an my site hasnt a drop of flash so ipad users see my regular Web site.

Jaime

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · % of mobile views on your site.

Chris Beaumont wrote:
It's the reason I've spent 2 days tearing out hair out trying to learn wordpress!!

. I did that last week. I feel your pain. My previous website also worked fine with ipads, but I'd never used wordpress before so took some time getting used to..

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · % of mobile views on your site.

12.89% from confirmed mobile devices. Another 4.62 from "not set"... which is probably a mobile device.

Feb 25, 2012 at 01:23 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · % of mobile views on your site.

If you aren't looking for mobile solutions for your website, you're crazy. Mobile browsers are everywhere, and people need an easy site to navigate with their fingers so they can still find the information that you want them to find. % of mobile browsers are only going up.

Feb 25, 2012 at 02:26 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · % of mobile views on your site.

TomHarmon wrote:
If you aren't looking for mobile solutions for your website, you're crazy. Mobile browsers are everywhere, and people need an easy site to navigate with their fingers so they can still find the information that you want them to find. % of mobile browsers are only going up.

+1

Feb 25, 2012 at 03:02 PM
louloulou
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · % of mobile views on your site.

I found my cpanel password, getting more hits from flash compatible android devices than ithingys.

Hey I'm not fussed at all, I have a iphone obsessed client who was going to 'convert me' but somehow they still found my website and booked! Turns out they have two large monitors with their PC.

Word of mouth is way more important. If they want to check out your website, they the going to make the effort to get to a computer with a bigger screen. Plus, I still have people calling on the ancient telephone without looking up my website at all.

Maybe I found that niche market where people aren't too obsessed by technology.

ETA: I'm not looking to book out every Saturday in the year, I have three kids to look after too!

Feb 25, 2012 at 07:23 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.