Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Website Critiques

yandmphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Website Critiques

Hi Everyone! I can't really find a forum thread that is active about website critiques. I think we are finally ready for a real honest critique of our website, and I know the FM'ers can be tough but I am going to try to take myself out of it and ask for all of your opinions.

Also I know forum administrators we aren't supposed to try to spam our website, and I have been on earlier today talking to people about it. But I am really just trying to get it fixed and cleaned up and promise I will try not to spam the website too much!

I think the best question we want people to think of when they look at the website is what are 3 branding words that come to mind when you see our site and go from there?

http://www.yoursandminestudio.com

Thanks so much for everyone's opinions, if you would like me to critique your website I would love to. I designed our website and have been designing websites for the last 6 years freelance. Just over the last year my wife and myself have taken our photography from hobby to business.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Garrick L
• •
p.1 #2 · Website Critiques

In general I think you have created a very nice website. The one thing that gets to me when viewing it though is the bright white background, it's really hard on the eyes. Now with that said, I also asked here in this forum for feedback on my new website and my feedback is too much the opposite as in too much "black"! So, different things appeal to different folks!!

Feb 25, 2012 at 06:38 AM
yandmphoto

p.1 #3 · Website Critiques

Thanks For the critique. I am actually in the process of redoing the entire website. We really liked it, but it was a bit too playful and we want to start working towards a more expensive crowd and present a site as something that represents us.

I will update this page when I upload our new site

Feb 27, 2012 at 07:03 PM
Derek Weston
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Website Critiques

A bit confusing at first glance. I'm not sure what I should click on. I see the flower thing and think it may be links... but not really readable. The flower design image in the corner also doesn't seem to do anything. I'd fill up space with bigger images.

Definitely kill white-space/decorations by adding more images. Or just one big image.

Pastels are ok... but make the website content pop more. People need to see where to navigate on the website right away. Eyes are usually drawn to center of the screen... so don't use any filler there.

Perhaps... top to bottom...

Links
Pictures
Blog

And make it a bit bigger and bolder.

One more thought... the background. Perhaps a pastel or pastel gradient with white could work here. Or border off the main content a bit.

(no, it's not a terrible website... just definite room for improvement -- if it's featuring photography, let photography dominate)

Feb 28, 2012 at 05:04 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password