New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

So I am in one of the other cults, the Really Right Stuff cult. I have never had any need for any kind of saftey stop or pin, and really appreciate the RRS lever release as being fast and easy to use, and always doing exactly what I want it to do.

Aug 02, 2012 at 05:53 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

i don't do cults. i do go with what i consider to be superior design and execution.

Aug 02, 2012 at 06:00 PM
Roland W
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

Obviously cult is not exactly the right word, but some people think of it that way. Superior design and execution was a founding principle of my most recent "cult", which is why it ended up becoming exclusively devoted to Really Right Stuff. My only other serious one track path is the Canon one, and I have been on that ride for over 40 years now. Long live the original Canon F-1.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:34 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

then lets just call it "optimal engineering paradigm". for the most part they have a history of better design/execution "carry through" then anyone else in their field of endevor (this is debatable by some). and thats why they are my chosen "go to" option. nothing more nothing less

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:09 AM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

There is a wink after my cult comment...

Aug 07, 2012 at 08:29 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

wink wink

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:13 AM
Waki
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

I'm joining a cult.....and according to RRS using the info they sent me tonight, their lever release has now been modified to work with or QR plates like Markins, Acra-Swiss and Markins. As the letter said, the lever is much more tolerant and I can use any of the mainstream plates.

Not sure of which cult I'm joining although I certainly am getting religious about one of 'em. This is all good though. Oh and +1 on the Sunwayfoto Duo lever clamp. Mine was only $60 and I put it on a crappy ballhead to get rid of a crappier clamp. Excellent piece of work. You adjust the clamp once and your done, unless you change clamps at some point.

Aug 07, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

Waki wrote:
I'm joining a cult.....and according to RRS using the info they sent me tonight, their lever release has now been modified to work with or QR plates like Markins, Acra-Swiss and Markins. As the letter said, the lever is much more tolerant and I can use any of the mainstream plates.

Not sure of which cult I'm joining although I certainly am getting religious about one of 'em. This is all good though. Oh and +1 on the Sunwayfoto Duo lever clamp. Mine was only $60 and I put it on a crappy ballhead to get rid of a crappier
...Show more

So you are saying the RRS Lever release has been changed-modified? And the spec is not the same as they have been before?

Aug 08, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Roland W
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

The Really Right Stuff lever release clamps do now show a note saying they accomodate the full range of Arca Swiss plates except for one particular one, and thus no longer contain the warning about only working right with limited brands. The note says the change occured starting in 2012. I had noticed the note, but have not had a reason to buy a new lever release clamp lately, so I can not comment on how well it works. Here is the link to the description of one clamp:

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=B2-AS-II-1/4-20&type=3&eq=&desc=B2-AS-II-clamp-with-1%2f4-20-screw&key=it

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:54 AM
Chris Anthony
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Markins Vs. RRS quick release clamps

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=B2-40-LR-1/4-20&type=3&eq=&desc=B2-40-LR-clamp-with-1%2f4-20-screw&key=it

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:31 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.