Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Google Checkout Issues

Ho1972
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Google Checkout Issues

Thinking Google Checkout was a viable alternative to Paypal, I just initiated my first B&S transaction with a fellow FMer yesterday. Today I received the following from Google:

We found that you're processing orders using email invoices and haven't listed a Public Business Website URL in your Google Checkout merchant account. Please complete the form below to verify your account.

Collect the following documents, and write your Google Checkout Merchant ID number at the top of each document:

Business catalog or brochure with company name

Inventory receipts or supplier contact information

Identification card or proof of address

Copy of professional license

Scan or copy each document, making sure the copies are clear and legible. Submit the documents to Google within five business days using the form below. Alternatively, you may fax the information to 650 469 0611. If you have a website that displays the products or services you sell, but haven't included the URL in your account, please add your Public Business Website URL immediately. If you do not have a website of your own and sell on other websites, you may specify the URL showing the products on these websites, as the Public Business URL in your account. Once your website URL has been added, you're not required to submit additional documentation.

Failure to add a Public Business Website URL or submit the requested business documentation will result in your Google Checkout account being suspended.

So does this mean a private individual (non-business entity) cannot use this Google service? I have NONE of the requested documents except for maybe proof of address. Anyone have experience with this? I've asked for clarification but they say it may take 4-5 business days for them to reply.

My inclination is to refund the charge and cancel the transaction before Google terminates my acct.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Google Checkout Issues

I was required to submit all those pieces of info when I first signed up for it. I've never used it.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Google Checkout Issues

anthonysemone wrote:
I was required to submit all those pieces of info when I first signed up for it.

That's strange, the email they sent me that started all this rolling began, "In order for us to verify your account, we need additional information about your business that wasn't requested during the signup process."

I wonder why you had to do it from the get-go and they waited until now to ask me?

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Google Checkout Issues

I went through this several years ago, and it turned out to be a non-issue for me. I replied to the customer service rep that I was trading camera gear and Italian car parts purely as a hobby, and that I had none of the requested documents or a sales website. GC said that was fine, although they said not to post GC payment links/icons in my FM listings. Hopefully the same will happen with the OP. I'd guess I've had maybe 80 transactions since then, with no problems whatsoever. Their service is very professional and customer-friendly. PayPal can bite me

Feb 25, 2012 at 02:41 AM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Google Checkout Issues

I received a reply from the "team" requesting proof of address. I sent it to them and they seem satisfied for now.

Will post back if there are any new unpleasant developments.

Feb 26, 2012 at 01:45 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password