Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

benjikan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

How Many Calls are Too Many Calls? I guess it all comes down to where you are and which culture you are dealing with…But How Many Calls are Too Many?

I spoke to a buddy of mine that was told by a potential client in not so many words, that he was calling too much or sending too many e-mails etc…

Well, my feeling is that until either your e-mails have been acknowledged, your phone call received and acknowledgement of intent communicated and next steps are taken, that those efforts have effectively fallen on deaf ears.

Well, what I have also experienced is just that..When are you overdoing it?  I guess you never really know until the proverbial "SH-T" hits the fan and it is already too late to go back.

Leaving a message only works in hindsight as you only find out if the message was received if that message is acknowledged and returned.

There is nothing worse than getting a message that says,"I got your MESSAGES!"  What most people on the receiving end don't realize is that those looking for work i.e. agents representing photographers, models,etc. and photographers themselves are all vying to work and to do so they MUST communicate with potential clients.

I guess the lesson to be learned here is to believe that in most cases people really do receive your e-mails and messages even if they don't confirm that they did so…

Have a Nice Weekend and Good Luck…

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/u9am

Feb 24, 2012 at 06:06 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

The larger question here might be: How much verbiage does one need to sum up no specific answer?

Feb 24, 2012 at 07:22 PM
Dan Grisez
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot
?

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:01 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

Care to elaborate? In the meantime, I'm with Dan.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

fusiongt
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

This is not answering your question but I was reminded of this... too many text messages:

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:28 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

You don't have a SOW and a contract? Unless there is a very well-established relationship with the customer that you can rely on, any change of scope should be in writing or at least recorded in an e-mail.

EBH

Feb 25, 2012 at 03:03 PM
unclechuck
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

fusiongt wrote

How Many Calls are Too Many Calls? This is not answering your question but I was reminded of this... too many text messages:

Whoa --- RE Text --- you may have some movie rights to explore ...

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How Many Calls are Too Many Calls?

Looks like another "promote my blog" post.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password