Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Brooklyn Bridge & NYC questions

khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Brooklyn Bridge & NYC questions

I've been having to travel to Toronto a lot for work and am thinking of spending the March 9-11 weekend in NYC and wanted to get some advice on shooting locations.

I've made two other two day trips to NYC and spent time shooting the some of the main landmarks - Brooklyn bridge, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller centre, times square.

During both of my previous visits last year, their was a tarp on the Brooklyn Bridge and I wanted to know if the construction work has been completed, or is part of the bridge still covered up

I'll probably be staying in Jersey City, so I wanted to get some skyline shots of NYC - is this mainly a sunrise or sunset shot I also planned on making the trip to liberty park for shots of the statue of liberty and would also appreciate other suggestions - keeping in mind, that I'm only going to have two full days and will arive after sunset on Friday night

Feb 24, 2012 at 02:50 PM
Game Changer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Brooklyn Bridge & NYC questions

Dupe

Edited on Feb 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM · View previous versions

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Game Changer
• •
p.1 #3 · Brooklyn Bridge & NYC questions

The tarps are still up on the Brooklyn Bridge as of last Monday.
For awesome skyline images I suggest a water taxi. The pier by the Intreped is where I catch it. The best time IMHO is sunset because you will get the awesome warm reflection off the skyscrapers and the Hudson.

These were taken from the water taxi on the Hudson River at sunset.

Lower Manhattan.

Empire State Building

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Shappy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Brooklyn Bridge & NYC questions

Jersey City is west of Manhattan and the sun tends to rise in the east in these parts. From Jersey City you'll have a view of downtown Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty (the statue is much smaller than most people realize). For shots of midtown you need to go up to West NY or Weehawken - both have parks from which you can shoot.

In addition to the water taxi already mentioned, the Staten Island ferry leaving from below the South Street Seaport offers nice views of lower Manhattan and best of all, it is free.

Feb 25, 2012 at 01:08 PM
Game Changer
• •
p.1 #5 · Brooklyn Bridge & NYC questions

There's so much to shoot on a walkabout in NYC. I have spent days just walking around the different areas of just the Manhattan borough.

Here's another from the National 911 Memorial. It's still under construction.

Feb 25, 2012 at 03:26 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password