Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

fusiongt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

I have a question regarding selling to a person who has no feedback on this forum. If I use paypal, would this person have any way to screw me over somehow?

Like, say, if I receive his payment, send him the camera, then he files a complaint via paypal... would that be possible? And if so, how would one show proof that the item was sent and he received it?

Thanks

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:33 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

I've left many a positive 1st feedback for newcomers here. Regardless of the # of posts/transactions, you as a seller
need to always protect yourself. This means some type of delivery confirmation/tracking when shipping and a properly
set up checking account tied in with PayPal. 11 years and some 700 transactions (knocking on wood) I've had no issues.
When the $$ hits your PP account, immediately transfer it out. I have a separate business checking account with no frills
ie. overdraft protection/CC tie in etc. When it hits that account in 2 business days I yank it out. PayPal can't ever take out
money that's not there. Luck is good, but it's always best to thoroughly CYA.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM
jackattacck

p.1 #3 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

As a new member here, I'd say I hope you give us a chance. Everybody started at zero at one point. With PayPal, when I sell something, I always get that money out of the PayPal account as soon as I can, just in case.

As a buyer, I'm more leary about sellers with no feedback since they money moves before the product does.

Feb 24, 2012 at 02:10 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

trenchmonkey wrote:
I've left many a positive 1st feedback for newcomers here. Regardless of the # of posts/transactions, you as a seller
need to always protect yourself. This means some type of delivery confirmation/tracking when shipping and a properly
set up checking account tied in with PayPal. 11 years and some 700 transactions (knocking on wood) I've had no issues.
When the $$ hits your PP account, immediately transfer it out. I have a separate business checking account with no frills
ie. overdraft protection/CC tie in etc. When it hits that account in 2 business days I yank it out. PayPal can't ever take out
money that's
...Show more

I agree 100%with Will! I also have dealt with persons with no feedback or posts and all the sales went well! I also check how long he has been a FM member. There are very many people who have been on FM but never posted, few posts or no feedback.
Everyone has to take that first sales/buy/post step at some point..at least sale/buy.
But I do make it a point to try and talk with this person if the item is over a certain value. I "go with my gut" on many purchases but also CMY!
I too yank my money out of PP when the funds arrive. They make millions on the interest accrued while your money is awaiting withdrawl or left on deposit.
Good luck!

Feb 24, 2012 at 02:54 PM
fusiongt
• • •
p.1 #5 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

trenchmonkey wrote:
money that's
...Show more

Oh that's really smart about taking out the money right away, I didn't think about that. I also have a good business checking account I could transfer it to but paypal has kind of been my "impulse online buys fund" where I would leave a few thousand in there and then use paypal payments on sites that took them. But that's a good point in removing it all so paypal can't easily remove it. I'll consider it if I can't find another buyer, thanks monkey =)

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:25 PM
fusiongt
• • •
p.1 #6 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

jackattacck wrote:
As a new member here, I'd say I hope you give us a chance. Everybody started at zero at one point. With PayPal, when I sell something, I always get that money out of the PayPal account as soon as I can, just in case.

As a buyer, I'm more leary about sellers with no feedback since they money moves before the product does.

Yea I want to give the person a chance, it's just their English was also not very good so it just made it seem all the more suspicious.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

alfonse

p.1 #7 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

Edit

Edited on Mar 04, 2012 at 04:18 PM · View previous versions

Mar 03, 2012 at 12:53 AM
sorney1

p.1 #8 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

what about those of us that won't use Pay Pal. if anybody wants to see why I won't, check out "PAYPALsucks.??

Mar 03, 2012 at 12:04 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

^ fully 1/3 of my transactions DON'T involve PayPal Pick up the phone and work out other arrangements.

Mar 03, 2012 at 01:16 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

trenchmonkey wrote:
^ fully 1/3 of my transactions DON'T involve PayPal Pick up the phone and work out other arrangements.

Ditto!!!! Getting up to 40-50% now.

Mar 03, 2012 at 03:17 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · Selling to a person with no posts on FM

mdbassman wrote:
Ditto!!!! Getting up to 40-50% now.

+1

I'm probably up to 75-80% non-PayPal now, but unfortunately it's still the only viable option available for cross-border transactions...

Mar 03, 2012 at 04:28 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password