Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Have some fun with this.
That text is harder to follow than lorem ipsum. However, the pictures tell the story.

(Obviously, there is much work yet to be done on the Google Translator. )

Feb 24, 2012 at 03:46 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Ooh, I like. Maybe I could paint my Canon 300 with Nikon black paint, rebadge a 5d to say Nikon D800, and impress clients who think I'm capturing 36 MP. Or not.

Feb 24, 2012 at 03:56 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Photon wrote:
Ooh, I like. Maybe I could paint my Canon 300 with Nikon black paint, rebadge a 5d to say Nikon D800, and impress clients who think I'm capturing 36 MP. Or not.

That's funny.
However, think bigger than D800......think Leica S2-P.

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:24 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Isn't it a felony in the US to impersonate a Leica? Incamerate?

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:30 AM
johnip
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Dosaekjeon jeonchesyat first.

First things first!

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:31 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Love it I bet it's even shoots better now because it will run much cooler

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:32 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Photon wrote:
Ooh, I like. Maybe I could paint my Canon 300 with Nikon black paint, .

Darn you. The secret is out.

@Peter - please send me $10 as you bet with others in the 200-400 thread.

You see secretly I have been testing and using the 200-400, but to keep it secret, we did the black Nikon paint treatment and threw on what looked like a Nikon to Canon lens adapter. In reality the adapter was really the buitin 1.4 TC, so you wont be the first in Canada. Sadly when it is officially available I will have to swap it for one with Canon white paint.

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:37 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

burningheart wrote:
Darn you. The secret is out.

@Peter - please send me $10 as you bet with others in the 200-400 thread.

You see secretly I have been testing and using the 200-400, but to keep it secret, we did the black Nikon paint treatment and threw on what looked like a Nikon to Canon lens adapter. In reality the adapter was really the buitin 1.4 TC, so you wont be the first in Canada. Sadly when it is officially available I will have to swap it for one with Canon white paint.

Oh no, Robert, you will not get me to accept a bet on 200-400L. Knowing your clout with Canon Canada, you are most likely to get the first production unit as well.

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:43 AM
theMAGE
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

No red ring? Pfffft.

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

And you can quote me on that!

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:10 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

OK

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:31 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

PetKal wrote:
lorem ipsum

Just learned something today.
Thank you!

Feb 24, 2012 at 09:39 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

There is someone with far too much free time. A Lenscoat would be just fine or that other brand with the dozens of decal options.

Nobody in their right mind would want a Nikkor to look like a Canon lens.

EBH

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

I think I understand better now how it might have been possible for very many mint 200 f/1.8 lenses to turn up in South Korea several years ago, when they used to fetch close to $5,000 on eBay.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Nikon did not have a 200/1.8.

EBH

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

Just wait 'till I glue a red dot on my Fujifilm X-Pro 1 !

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How to give Canon beauty to a Nikkor

EB-1 wrote:
Nobody in their right mind would want a Nikkor to look like a Canon lens.

Perhaps the motive is other.
The same reason the super-telephotos are white in the first place.

If I used a big, large lens most of the time and for long periods of time under direct sunlight, in high temperatures, I would rather have it white, regardless if it resembles or not a lens from another manufacturer.

A black lens under direct sunlight for an extended period of time will always be much hotter than a white lens under the same circumstances.

Feb 24, 2012 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password